• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ABCIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The way the law reads, you even need the LTCH to shoot someone elses gun at the range. It does say you have to have the license in your posession to have a handgun in your posession.

Stupid.

ABC

TripleL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    The Rockies
    Just avoid the hassle and get an LTCH even before you have a handgun but intend to get one. In my opinion, everyone should apply for a lifetime LTCH the same day they register with the Selective Service.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Could be worse fella's...could be like Illinois

There is some dolt in Illinois right now saying "could be worse, could be like North Korea".

Common man, that's simplistic... at best.

@ Incorporating the 2A within the 14th. How asinine is that? Think about it. You mean to tell us that the 2a didn't mean jack until the 14th was passed? When I say "you" I mean the idiots in washington and media pushing that idea, I'm not trying to slight you for being ignorant of American History.

See: Keep and Bear Arms - Gun Owners Home Page - 2nd Amendment Supporters

Time and again (prior to the war between the States) Courts of every level ruled the Right to Keep and bear arms was "Absolute" See the 1759 Texas decision in the above link.

Why is that important? Because the 14th amendment wasn't introduced or ratified until AFTER the war!

We need those black robed tyrants to get their minds back to 1759 and stop this 14th amendment stupidity!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This is the only thing that counts, not the 14th. It covers everything the way it's meant to be covered.
    Article 6, Section 2
    This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.
    People need to remind judges of this. Often.
    Prometheus. I'd rep you if it'd let me.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I know a medical professional that has handguns, takes them to the range, but does not have a license. I have tried to talk to him about how easy it is to get, but he says he doesn't think he'll ever "carry" so he won't get one. He risks having a class A Misdermeanor on his record for nothing more than holding on to $125. I am happy with the Indiana Laws as compared to other states. We aren't the most liberal nor the most strict. I can open carry or concealed carry. I can go into a Applebees or Buffalo Wings place, do the Wally Walk. I may need a license, but I got one without a lick of trouble as Indiana is a shall issue state. I can't slip and not tell the cop I have a gun on me and go to jail for it. I can carry it on my person or in my car. It may be aggrevating, but it could always be worse. I got my Cheaper than Dirt Catalog they say after January 2011, they will no longer be able to sell or ship ammunition to residents of California. Once you get your license, you'll have less sympathy for those that won't get theirs when they have the opportunity. I don't mean to sound like a smart-butt, but it's true.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    The way the law reads, you even need the LTCH to shoot someone elses gun at the range. It does say you have to have the license in your posession to have a handgun in your posession.

Stupid.

ABC

Really? I knew you needed the license to just bring a handgun to the range. But if you bring a friend to shoot your handgun, they really have to have a license too? I've never heard of that til now

ABCIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well, that's what it says, unless shooting doesn't include carrying on the person's body.

"a person shall not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body, except in the person's dwelling, on the person's property or fixed place of business, without a license issued under this chapter being in the person's possession."

ABCIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I don't want to get too far off topic here but, since it's been on my mind...

How about this one. From the kids section. 2b doesn't say the adult has to have a permit. So does this mean I can give my firearm to my daughter and take her (with the firearm) to the range, and she can shoot it (but I can't).

(with some snippage)
    IC 35-47-10
    Chapter 10. Children and Firearms

IC 35-47-10-1
    Sec. 1. This chapter does not apply to the following:
    (2) A child engaging in practice in using a firearm for target shooting at an established range or in an area where the discharge of a firearm is not prohibited or supervised by:
    (B) an adult who is supervising the child while the child is at the range.
    (5) A child who is traveling with an unloaded firearm to or from an activity described in this section.
    (6) A child who:
    (B) has permission from the child's parent or legal guardian to possess a firearm.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I do not think the Supreme Court will eliminate restrictions. They did not in Heller. They will simply cause "shall issue," such as we have in Indiana, to become the law of the land.

Don't think this will happen in McDonald. They didn't do it in Heller. They didn't even remove the registration scheme D.C. has in place, they just stopped the ban on registering handguns.

I think the ONLY thing that will change with McDonald is an end to outright bans on handguns.

I don't even think assault weapons bans will fall, or if they do, it will take years to make their way through the courts.

I want to see a legal challenge to the Hughes amendment prohibiting registration of new machine guns.

breas1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Indy
    I dont see a problem with it. Something has to be done with it. Its not like its New York or Chicago. Yes they know you have A hand gun, but do they know how many? No, unless you bought them all new or thru a dealer. Could be alot worse IMO.

Ghostrider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Mishawaka
    This is the only thing that counts, not the 14th. It covers everything the way it's meant to be covered.
    People need to remind judges of this. Often.
    Prometheus. I'd rep you if it'd let me.

The part of Article 6, section 2 that we gun owners need to pay attention to is:

"and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land"

Right now there is that small arms treaty that the United Nations is pushing and the Obama administration supports. If this treaty ever gets passed by the Senate, we can kiss our gun rights goodby. The UN claims this treaty won't affect United States gun laws but excuse me if I don't believe them.

I think it's things like this that we gun owners need to pay attention to and not be distracted by things like having to get our pink piece of paper. I know the pink paper thing is a pain in the butt. It took me 10 weeks to get mine, but now that I have it I never need to worry about carrying my gun. That is, unless some UN treaty that steals our gun rights gets passed by the Senate. Then we are all screwed. Even if we live in Vermont or Alaska.

THis is not to say that we should not be working to improve our gun laws here in Indiana because there are areas were our gun laws to need to be improved. Like the not being able to take a handgun to the range without a permit. It's stupid but we can fix it. We may not be able to fix it if some stupid treaty gets ratified.

Ghostrider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Mishawaka
    wasn't there a case about a fence on the Washingtn / Canada border.. somethig about congress must still pass a law to enforce a treaty..

PLF - U.S.-Canada Commission will halt drive to tear dow

If I read this correctly I believe the court ruled that the fence did not violate the treaty and therefore could stay. But I could be wrong.

But there is a thread going on right now concerning this UN gun treaty

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...9-u_s_agrees_to_timetable_for_un_gun_ban.html

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    17114d1257963711-necropost-warning-pinhead-necro2.jpg

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    Get your lifetime permit and stop complaining. We have much to be thankful for.

ETA: Check thread dates. Holy gravedig, batman!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It's stupid ya I fully agree. At least its not IL or WI.

At least in IL you can transport your handgun to a range without a permission slip.

Of course, you have to have a permission slip to own one in the first place...

-J-

Top Bottom