• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I remember it fondly. Supersonic B-58s would take off from Grissom AFB, fly up to Minnesota, then make simulated bomb runs on St. Louis. I was in 1st and 2nd grade at St. John Bosco school in Hammond, and we all looked forward to the "sonic booms" on Thursday afternoons.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I remember hearing sonic booms when I was growing up (like grade school - in the 60's) just here on the southside of Indy. Then they just stopped I guess.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I remember hearing sonic booms when I was growing up (like grade school - in the 60's) just here on the southside of Indy. Then they just stopped I guess.

South side of Indy would be folks heading to JPG and Atterbury Range. Terre Haute, Ft Wayne, & Springfield units used to fly F-4s, they could get loud and boomy. The only one left now is Ft Wayne flying A-10s which are not so loud or boomy.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I have read that in “The Good Old Cold War Days”, SAC used to make simulated bombing runs over all manner of American cities. I think that Dayton Ohio was a popular simulated target because it was thought to resemble Moscow (not the one in Idaho).

Dayton Ohio population 145,000
    Moscow population 12,000,000
    How similar could they be?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I don't know that I'd consider El Paso "midwest", but of the two shootings, he's been the only one (so far) that's appeared to have anything close to that viewpoint. Haven't heard of a motive in the Dayton shooting yet, although one of the people he shot was his sister. Not clear if that was just blind "bad luck", or if there was more to it than that.

Don't know about the motive but the Dayton killer was a self-described - leftist, pro-satan, Elizabeth Warren supporter.

Top Bottom