• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    I'm loading up some 9mm with Remington 115 gr FMJ and Power Pistol with CCI 500 primers.

Would anyone want to share their recipe for a good target load that won't punish my wife's hand. She may want to shoot some bowling pins tomorrow.

nmcampbe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Central IN
    I am running 4.5 grains of Unique with a 125gr copper plated bullet. Would like to try some heavier bullets like 147gr but too hard to find right.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I use about 6.2 grains of Power Pistol with the 115 gr. jacketed bullet. The Lyman manual says the starting charge is 5.9 grains.

noylj

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2011
    I find that 6.0gn of Power Pistol and a 115-125gn bullets to be accurate. There are very few 9x19 pistols and few loads for 9x19 that are really accurate (<2" at 50 yards) and most people seem to consider accuracy based on 7-15 yard shots.
    One easy thing to improve the accuracy of your 9x19 is to sort all the cases after sizing and set aside all that are 0.750-0.754" in length. The longer cases minimize head space and really do drop group size--though still not to point where I would take it to a Bullseye competition.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I'm running right around 5.5 grains of Power Pistol under a 124gr jacketed round nose for several 9mm guns (pistol and carbine). The accuracy of the carbine is exceptional, though I can't say if that's from the load or the longer barrel and sight plane. What I CAN say is that the round itself has no apparent accuracy deficiencies, as it will pour round after round into a ragged 1" hole at 50 yards, using a simple, unmagnified dot sight.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Please- take everyones reply with a grain of salt--then consult your loading manual..what may be great in a "Tankomatic",may blow your "Smoothomatic" to little pieces...

a loading manual(or two,for cross reference),and a set of scales are primary in loading any shell or ctg.

any questions--enroll in the next reloading class at fcvcc-----I/they will show you a S&W Mdl 66 -destroyed by a person that had--NO SCALES-NO MANUAL,just a FULL case of Bullseye

Yes--I have been loading/reloading for over 50 years----HAD a 01,and 06 for several years
    Yes--I am a NRA certified instructor

tallend

Top Bottom