• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Just heard that the all time hits leader Pete Rose has been erased from Topps baseball cards. They have removed his name and all accomplishments from thier records. Anyone else other them myself thinks Charlie Hustle is getting a raw deal?:dunno:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Raw deal? He knew the rules and broke them. Private business can do what they want to him. He still has his accomplishments, even if no longer recognized. I think in the end, and ironically, his fiasco solidified his place in baseball history.... As does any scandal. For instance, a bunch of "somewhat" baseball people can name at least one player and the year of the Black Sox scandal

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Sure he broke rules, like Jordan did, and about 100 other athletes. Just don't seem right with all the wife beating and drug use and prostitutes that somehow Rose is the poster child for breaking the rules.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sure he broke rules, like Jordan did, and about 100 other athletes. Just don't seem right with all the wife beating and drug use and prostitutes that somehow Rose is the poster child for breaking the rules.

What rule did Jordan break?
    But yeah, it doesn't seen right, but the difference is that those other losers didn't hurt the integrity of the actual "played," game. They hurt the "image," but not the integrity. I'm convinced that Rose is "paying the price," because of the false "game fixing" allegation.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

^^^^^^This^^^^^^

Yep, Pete should be way up there with the likes of the Roid Ranger Homerun stars, the bounty hunter football players, gang banger basketball players, etc

Yeah, he boke a rule, but he didn't do anything to effect the outcome of the game.

Added: As a young'un I was a big Reds fan and went to games at Riverfront as many times as I could. I met the old guard, Rose, Bench, Concepcion, and even Sparky a couple times. Loved those guys, especially Pete. He played his ass off.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Pete Rose accomplished what he accomplished. There is no allegation he ever cheated in the way he played the game. MLB is well within its rights to exclude him from its honors, post career, but he did what he did on the field.

To act as though he never existed is silly.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Do kids even collect baseball cards these days?? It's a joke they would omit the facts, say what you want but the baseball HOF isn't a HOF until Pete is in it!

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Does that mean when I get home, my Topps Pete Rose baseball cards are going to be gone? My Ken Griffey Sr and Johnny Bench cards are going to be lonely. Oh, the humanity!!!

(BTW, we still collect baseball cards in my household.)

localone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I dont like the fact that they banned him from life BUT still have his stuff hanging in the Hall of fame. I met him in vegas in Jan and he said he NEVER bet against his team to lose just win. If boxers can do it i dont see it being a big deal.That man needs a Plaque for what he did when he played the game

Top Bottom