• ...and so much more!
  • GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I'm sure it won't go anywhere, but I love using their resources. :D

There is a description in the petition, but basically it is aimed to end "gun free" zones in the US. A lot of lives could have been spared in the last year.

Please, sign away! We have 26k(ish) members, let's do something!

http://wh.gov/RwOY

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Signed! Lets promote this to like-minded individuals, everyone! It might be a long shot that this ever even gets looked at, but it can't hurt! Lets do our part to help protect the 2nd Amendment.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    That's so awesome that Obama and left would change their minds on gun control from some online petition. Yay internet!

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    That's so awesome that Obama and left would change their minds on gun control from some online petition. Yay internet!
    It's not him that I'd want to change. It's reminding the legislature that we are out there. We are watching.

Enjoy sitting on your hands and doing nothing at all though. I'm sure that will work out for you.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Confusing activity with accomplishment, always a recipe for success!

No one gives a rats behind about these silly petitions. Are we going to build a death star now? They're a joke.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Confusing activity with accomplishment, always a recipe for success!
    Nobody confused anything, except maybe you. Activity can lead to accomplishment, sitting on your ass and hands cannot. Please go somewhere else if all you plan on doing is trolling.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Nobody confused anything, except maybe you. Activity can lead to accomplishment, sitting on your ass and hands cannot. Please go somewhere else if all you plan on doing is trolling.

Pointing out that these petitions are silly wastes of time isn't trolling, nor is it sitting on ones hands.

Do something productive. Write check to the NRA, GOA, or other lobbying group of your choice. Volunteer on the campaign of pro-gun candidates.

But signing some joke petition no one cares about is hardly cause for getting up on a high horse.

The only thing it promotes is a largely undeserved warm n fuzzy feeling of having "done something," even if that something is completely ineffectual.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Pointing out that these petitions are silly wastes of time isn't trolling, nor is it sitting on ones hands.

Do something productive. Write check to the NRA, GOA, or other lobbying group of your choice. Volunteer on the campaign of pro-gun candidates.

But signing some joke petition no one cares about is hardly cause for getting up on a high horse.

The only thing it promotes is a largely undeserved warm n fuzzy feeling of having "done something," even if that something is completely ineffectual.
    Yes, because it is logical to think that because I started a petition I don't do anything else. I'd imagine I've been on more political campaigns and made more donations than you. However, that's not what this is about. This thread was created as a small part of a larger plan. Coming here to specifically degrade something for no other reason than "you don't think it does anything" is trolling. Plain and simple.

Mrkeller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Greensburg
    Some of us are already members of the NRA and other groups and already give for causes like these. What does it hurt to sign a petition?

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I'm sure it won't go anywhere, b...
    http://wh.gov/RwOY

Does that mean you're trolling then? You admit it won't go anywhere yourself, effectively that it's an activity that will result in no accomplishment.

If that's what makes ya feel good, go for it. I'm not sure why anyone would admit that doing things that don't go anywhere makes them high n' mighty, though.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT

My question to Rob is, what are you doing to protect your gun rights? Instead of bashing someone else, give some advise.

I made it more obvious for you.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis

Have to disagree with you Rob--get enough signatures on a petition and according to their own rules, the White House must respond. If/when news of this and similar petitions gets out to the NRA folks and all the other major organizations defending our 2nd Amendment rights, this could very well gather national attention. I'm not saying that it WILL do so, but that it COULD do so. What we as gun owners need right now is a rational and sane response in the national view, not the bleeding heart kneejerk political response. If petitions like this can indeed get into the "news" then nothing but good can come from doing so. Not even trying to accomplish this end--and let's face it, what you suggested doing is the "standard response", which so far has gleaned ZERO national attention--is indeed guaranteeing the same results as "sitting on your hands" and hoping. :twocents:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Does that mean you're trolling then? You admit it won't go anywhere yourself, effectively that it's an activity that will result in no accomplishment.

If that's what makes ya feel good, go for it. I'm not sure why anyone would admit that doing things that don't go anywhere makes them high n' mighty, though.
    It's called a lead in line... Don't you have some checks to be writing or something?

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Have to disagree with you Rob--get enough signatures on a petition and according to their own rules, the White House must respond. If/when news of this and similar petitions gets out to the NRA folks and all the other major organizations defending our 2nd Amendment rights, this could very well gather national attention. I'm not saying that it WILL do so, but that it COULD do so. What we as gun owners need right now is a rational and sane response in the national view, not the bleeding heart kneejerk political response. If petitions like this can indeed get into the "news" then nothing but good can come from doing so. Not even trying to accomplish this end--and let's face it, what you suggested doing is the "standard response", which so far has gleaned ZERO national attention--is indeed guaranteeing the same results as "sitting on your hands" and hoping. :twocents:

Zero national attention? The 7th Circuit just struck down ILs carry law. Heller? McDonald? The standard response paid for all that. Why are politicians loathe to cross the "standard response" NRA? The "standard response" that has pushed CCW to get passed in darn near every state in the unions?

Seriously? The "standard response" has quite a few wins. These fad petitions do not.

The OP himself admits it won't go anywhere.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    It amazes me that someone would attack another gun owner for using a resource at their disposal. It's disgusting actually.

Rob, you're probably never going to have to use a gun in self defense. Does that mean you wouldn't strap it on just in case?

Top Bottom