• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    tomorrow there will be reports saying he has a rocket arm... i'm tired of hearing about him to be honest lol

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I am a Colts fan and I am tired of hearing about it.

He isn't coming back, Irsay isn't paying the 28,000,000 on a gamble that at some point he may get his arm strength back. It is salary cap suicide.

As much as it sucks to think about, he will be playing elsewhere if he is playing at all.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Bob & Tom has some inside news this morning saying the Redskins are trying to hammer out a deal with Peyton.... just passing along what I heard them talking about this morning.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    His arm is a noodle and he can't throw like an NFL QB because he hasn't been able to throw for about 9 months or more. Any muscle you don't use goes noodle mode. It's called atrophy.

That being said, he ain't gonna be a Colt next season.

Oh, and Kravitz is a tool with a perm.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    His arm is a noodle and he can't throw like an NFL QB because he hasn't been able to throw for about 9 months or more. Any muscle you don't use goes noodle mode. It's called atrophy.

:+1:

scarboni

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Unknown
    If Manning leaves and goes somewhere else,there will be alot of upset people for years.......Colts will never be the same without him.:(

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    If his arm is truly gone, I would like to see him stay with the Colts and be a offensive coach. He could teach a lot of young quarterbacks a lot of things.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Bob & Tom has some inside news this morning saying the Redskins are trying to hammer out a deal with Peyton.... just passing along what I heard them talking about this morning.

That would be against the NFL rules and is called tampering if true.

One team cannot negotiate with a player under contract with a different team. Manning at this point is a Colt and is under contract as such.

My guess is that its just wishful thinking because if I remember back to when Bob and Tom used to actually be good before the sensors started going dumb, that one of the crew was a redskins fan.

I dont think its actually a muscle issue, its a nerve issue. I read an article today saying he couldnt throw to the left or across his body because he couldnt feel it. The nerves regenerate on their own time, it may take months, years, or never heal fully.

He is physically fine as far as the neck and everyting like that, its just the nerve stuff.

He sure can. That's why Painter is the best in the league.

Painter was no different at Purdue, Manning wouldnt turn him into a viable QB in the NFL. Painter is a smart kid with a strong arm, but he doesnt have the ability to deal with the pressure of the game. He was great against bad teams in college but never could beat good ones.

I am a huge Boiler fan and was shocked he got drafted at all. He is done in the NFL.

That being said, I just dont see Manning staying on as a coach. Not from either side.

Last edited:

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I would be surprised if he ever gets his arm back. I had a very similar surgery 11 years ago and the strength never did return. It made me have to find a new career at 37 years old. They told me then that the damaged nerves would regenerate 1mm per day. So after a certain amount of days it is what it is. At least he had a job that earned him great rewards for his talent and hard work. And between his family quarterback school, coaching, speaking engagements, commercials and so on and so on he will keep busy and rich I'm sure. Good run while it lasted.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    yea i hope he doesnt become a bret favre.

jake

I don't think he has it in him to take up heavy drinking and vicodin addiction or texting pics of his junk. Brett Favre is a good man unless he has your daughter's phone number.

Once he is released, I don't see any team being interested unless he'd sign a deal with 0 roster bonus (bonus rated by # of games started/played) and vet. minimum. I just don't see any team giving him what he'll want to wait and see if he can play ever again.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    OH, that would be a riot if he would hook up with another team--literally! I can see it all now, booing and hissing when he came to play Lucas Stadium. People burning their Manning jerseys in the streets, the wailing and gnashing of teeth...

Just warms this ole' Bears fan's heart I tell ya.

Top Bottom