• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Don't think this has been posted yet. I must admit I am surprised to see such a niche conversion but it is interesting. Sadly for me the $35 extra mags make this less feasible but if I look at it as strictly a practice gun I could get along with just one extra tho as a general rule I won't own a firearm that I have less than 10 mags for. With one extra mag and shipping you are looking at $250. Perhaps for those who are very recoil sensitive and feel the PF-9 recoil is painful this could be an alternative for practice.

Twisted Industries, Inc.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeah. Pretty pricey for what it is. I loved to carry my PF-9, I didn't love to practice with it. I could see using it as a plinker if I didn't already have a .22lr - but too late.

The cost of the conversion doesn't really make it doable for me, anyway. Heck, even if they offered a extended and threaded barrel, it would be too expensive.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Wow, that seems...completely unnecessary. I think you're right when you say "niche"! :): For $250, I'd rather just pick up a P-22 to plink with. If you're wanting it to reduce recoil during self-defense practice, then I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice as dealing with the recoil and getting back on target is a major component of that.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Well...we will find out...I went ahead and ordered one to try, figure I can always sell it on gunbroker at a slight loss if I decide it doesn't have a purpose. I think it might serve well as a training aid however for students who are looking at a small 9mm for SD but have limited shooting experience. The big factors will be reliability and accuracy, it has to work and shoot to point of aim to have any value. I imagine I should have it in hand no later than the middle of next week and will post a range report then.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I ordered one on March 15th. Paid via paypal and payment was accepted immediately. No word at all from the company however. I e-mailed them yesterday and they replied today stating it would be about three weeks before they shipped mine. That puts it right at the 45 day cut off for PayPal for filing a dispute. Add in shipping time and it exceeds it. I will file a dispute on day 44 unless I receive the unit before then. Right now I would advise anyone looking at these to hold off for a while.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Yeah def keep on the paypal thing. I almost got screwed out of grips from Custom Killer Grips but paypal helped me out and I got my money back and no grips.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I ordered one on March 15th. Paid via paypal and payment was accepted immediately. No word at all from the company however. I e-mailed them yesterday and they replied today stating it would be about three weeks before they shipped mine. That puts it right at the 45 day cut off for PayPal for filing a dispute. Add in shipping time and it exceeds it. I will file a dispute on day 44 unless I receive the unit before then. Right now I would advise anyone looking at these to hold off for a while.

Any word on how this shook out?

Top Bottom