• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    After Buying my PF9 I finally got to do some shooting with it and think it will be a good carry gun. Didn't have much of a problem with the recoil although the DA trigger will take a few more rounds to get use to. Found that there are plenty of things to do for mods but really just plan on refinishing the slide. I am interested in the 22 lr conversion kit that Twisted Industries has to offer but not real fond of the $200 price. May be worth it though if they can get the bugs worked out.

Knuckle Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    NWI
    I bet that would be fun. Price is somewhat high considering I can get a S&W 22A for a few bucks more if not that price, and extend my pistol family without farting around with a conversion. However if that price came significantly down (and worked out the bugs), I may be open to the farting (around). Please post back if you decide to go this route.:spend:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    After Buying my PF9 I finally got to do some shooting with it and think it will be a good carry gun. Didn't have much of a problem with the recoil although the DA trigger will take a few more rounds to get use to. Found that there are plenty of things to do for mods but really just plan on refinishing the slide. I am interested in the 22 lr conversion kit that Twisted Industries has to offer but not real fond of the $200 price. May be worth it though if they can get the bugs worked out.
    Check out the "Melt" job that one of the other posters did on his Kel Tecs. I was impressed enough that I think I will get myself a Dremmel kit and give my hand at it on my older P-11. I did not even know they had conversion kits for the Kel Tec.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Check out the "Melt" job that one of the other posters did on his Kel Tecs. I was impressed enough that I think I will get myself a Dremmel kit and give my hand at it on my older P-11. I did not even know they had conversion kits for the Kel Tec.

I really think the job ryan3326 did on his turned out great. I really didn't think I would attempt doing the job myself untill I saw his post. I had a nice Dremel kit that was stolen a few years ago or I would have already started on the melt job. I'm really just debating on doing the Dura Coat myself or sending it out to have it done and what color I want.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I think the real point to a .22 conversion for the PF9 would be to get you a lot more, less painful trigger time on the PF9, not to get you a great .22 pistol. Same as the .22 conversions for the 1911, glocks and whatnot. They aren't cost effective unless you factor in that you want to shoot THAT platform for practice as a Ruger MkII or S&W 22A don't let you train on your carry platform.

Knuckle Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    NWI
    I think the real point to a .22 conversion for the PF9 would be to get you a lot more, less painful trigger time on the PF9, not to get you a great .22 pistol. Same as the .22 conversions for the 1911, glocks and whatnot. They aren't cost effective unless you factor in that you want to shoot THAT platform for practice as a Ruger MkII or S&W 22A don't let you train on your carry platform.
    Great point Mospeada, this notion could be the difference between life or....
    ...., well you get the point. I would entertain the idea of a .22 conversion for my ten year old son. He'll be hitting the range with me this summer for the first time. His Red Ryder will be passed on to is lil brother. I'll probably go with the 22A or P22, we'll see I have to put it in his hands first, but I'm always interested in new ideas.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom