Philosophical question: Should women have the right to vote?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    A great man once said "If you want to easily solve all of America's problem take the vote away from woman". True enough. Woman vote with their emotions, men not so
    much.
    Socrates expressed great concern at the folly of letting anyone vote and was actually against letting uneducated people from voting as it likely lead to mob rule more or less, and felt
    only after people had become well educated at government and all its dangers should they be allowed to vote. I agree whole heartedly with him. I feel there should be certain conditions before a person can vote such as:
    #1-Must own property
    #2-Must pay state taxes to be eligible to vote in state elections, same for federal.
    #3-If you are a state or federal government union employee you can not vote in a state or federal election, or abolish public sector unions as even President Franklin D. Roosevelt considered by most to be one of if not the greatest democratic president in history was vehemently opposed to public sector unions and would not allow the legislation that LBJ did that finally enabled federal government employees to unionize.
    #4-You must have gained US citizenship with the normal naturalization process no amnesty voters allowed, nor children of illegal aliens.
    #5-Must be at least 30 years of age

There are other rules I would love to see, but those are a good start.
    Saw my mistake and changed it to FDR from TR/Jr.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A great man once said "If you want to easily solve all of America's problem take the vote away from woman". True enough. Woman vote with their emotions, men not so
    much.
    Socrates expressed great concern at the folly of letting anyone vote and was actually against letting uneducated people from voting as it likely lead to mob rule more or less, and felt
    only after people had become well educated at government and all its dangers should they be allowed to vote. I agree whole heartedly with him. I feel there should be certain conditions before a person can vote such as:
    #1-Must own property
    #2-Must pay state taxes to be eligible to vote in state elections, same for federal.
    #3-If you are a state or federal government union employee you can not vote in a state or federal election, or abolish public sector unions as even President Theodore Roosevelt considered by most to be one of if not the greatest democratic president in history was vehemently opposed to public sector unions and would not allow the legislation that LBJ did that finally enabled federal government employees to unionize.
    #4-You must have gained US citizenship with the normal naturalization process no amnesty voters allowed, nor children of illegal aliens.

I have an observation as to some of your comments. But I will hold it back as this thread develops.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    much.
    #1-Must own property
    #3-If you are a state or federal government union employee you can not vote in a state or federal election, or abolish public sector unions as even President Theodore Roosevelt considered by most to be one of if not the greatest democratic president in history was vehemently opposed to public sector unions and would not allow the legislation that LBJ did that finally enabled federal government employees to unionize.

I think that may be a good start! Let's add that you must speak, read and write American English. Bruce Jenner and the likes are not allowed to vote. Anyone on public assistance will have their voting rights suspended for the duration of their needs. Any member of any union cannot vote.

I'll think of more.....

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Sure is. I was a member of the local 440 for 20+ years. I never voted the union way. Tell me I can not vote and you would for sure have your hands full.

Ok, churchmouse is an exception...he can vote. However, all other union members must get permission from churchmouse tp register to vote.

Oh, here's another on to add to the list. All completed absentee ballots must be read and approved for submission my me.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Apple has been the choice lately since we have plenty of apples on the trees right now. My personal favorite is cherry whenever I have pie cherries in the freezer, but peach or blueberry work too.

I tend to bake more bread than pie, but nothing beats a good pie...no store bought crust or filling though. I do everything from scratch when I bake.

My grandma's strudel recipe is always a big hit too. Or Croation nut roll (Potica)...that's another favorite.

Dang it, now you got me missing my mom, especially when she made homemade bread. Nothing better than butter on a slice of fresh, hot bread. On a side note, my grandmother did not allow instant mashed potatoes in her house.

You can have 2 vote if you still can vegetables out of the garden.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    My ironworker dad was always livid when he'd receive the Ironworker's Union magazine telling him how to vote. He is about as conservative as they come, but the union job paid off for him, and he's been living the dream since '92 on his 130 acres down south. He still gets the Ironworker Union magazine to this day.

Sure is. I was a member of the local 440 for 20+ years. I never voted the union way. Tell me I can not vote and you would for sure have your hands full.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    There is absolutely nothing what so ever wrong with PRIVATE sector unions. EVERY LAST privilege you enjoy while working was fought for and earned by a union member, but that is a discussion for another day.

PUBLIC sector unions should have never been allowed for the obvious gross conflict of interest it creates when it comes to elections. That is precisely why FDR would never allow them to do so and said so.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    This thread is very interesting. It is still coming down to this: Restrict women voting to one qualification - their ability to bake bread, pies and mashed potatoes. Red or Blue apron? Anything we should add to that?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Instant mashed potatoes are not real food. I have never made them, ever....yuck.

I do can and make homemade sauerkraut, pickles, etc. When it isn't too hot for the oven, there is bread at least once a week...sourdough, rye or white mostly but sometimes bagels or rolls too. I cook almost entirely from scratch. Hubby is a bit spoiled and he knows it.

Pretty soon, I'll be like those dead people in Illinois....voting multiple times in every election! Probably once in every county too!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I think that any adult who can pass a simple, non-partisan civics exam should have the right to vote. I don’t even care what language the test is given in.

I'd be curious about the effect of adding a requirement that someone be a net taxpayer. I'm not sure I like the idea of someone who isn't funding the government to have a say in it. No privilege, no responsibility. No responsibility, no privilege.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'd be curious about the effect of adding a requirement that someone be a net taxpayer. I'm not sure I like the idea of someone who isn't funding the government to have a say in it. No privilege, no responsibility. No responsibility, no privilege.

If all you were voting on was taxes, then I would be in favor of that as well.

However, since our government has decided it has authority to delve into ever aspect of our lives, then you're back to un-represented citizenry, which is why we fought 2 wars.

Even total mooches have the right to say whether the government can meddle in their affairs or tell them how to live.

In the end, a government is a reflection of the culture of the governed. If your culture values being a waste of human life, then you'll get a government that supports that idea.

We used to have a culture that said hard work, honesty, respect, and responsibility were important, and the government reflected these ideas. It used to be that if you failed at life, it was your own fault, and no one felt sorry for you.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Told by the podiatrist today that the government will not allow him to do charity work he has to charge every patient the same. He told them to sue him.

Top Bottom