• ...and so much more!
  • ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Avoid, Avoid, Avoid!!! Phoenix Distributors, Gemtech Trek on Gunbroker

so far, Not impressed.

I ordered one off GB in very early June, gave them my credit card and local Form 3 SOT dealer info the same day. I was told form will be out next day, just wait. I also ordered a SiCo Specwar K from Silencer Shop a week before. SS notified me 6 week later that F3 approved along with the UPS tracking # to my local SOT.

So I called Phoenix Distributors a week later to check on the status since we had no communications after the day of purchase. I was told not back yet, normally it takes 6-8 weeks, so call back about 8. I asked about serial # so I can check with NFA myself. I was told the person whom handles the actual forms wasn't in, will give me a call when available.

By the end of week 8, no call back. I called them, same story.

By the end of week 10, no call back, I called, still same story, no serial #.

So, this is 11th week, I have no idea if ATF has received the Form3 or not. Should I start to *****?

p.s. Silencer Shop emailed me the serial # the very same day I placed the order.

Last edited:

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I also got my Trek through Phoenix but it was purchased in fall of 2013. Their F3 time seemed to run normal with everybody else. My last two Form 3s (purchased within the past 6 months) took about 3 months. Once you hit 12 weeks, I'd start calling on a daily basis.

Side note, I've made it a habit to never purchase a suppressor unless they can give me a serial # at the time if purchase.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Good luck on this transaction. I stopped doing business with anyone on GunBroker after a seller had my negative feedback removed. Sent him a money order, never received the item. I left feedback to warn other people and it was deleted the next day. There is something suspect about a feedback system that allows sellers to remove negative feedback without even attempting to verify the validity of the claims.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    this is interesting, I called again today still the same story about waiting on NFA "paperwork", but finally they gave me the serial #.

I called NFA branch, and was told Form 3 was APPROVED ON JULY 7th!!!, 6 freaking weeks ago.

Called back Phoenix, with an WTF, they told me it was NFA's fault and other BS. They told me they are requesting NFA re-sending the F3 approval today, I told them they should have done it 2 weeks ago.

I'm done with them and advising everybody to avoid them.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I bought one (trek) on June 15th, also bought an Omega from SS the same day. Form 3 from SS has been back over 2 weeks, nothing from Phoenix yet.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    With as fast as they sell out and then put them back up GB, I wonder if they're selling you something they don't have in hand yet but expect to have with a few weeks or months.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    the way their GB item set up is very different than ebay. i.e. if they have 20 of it available, if you buy one, and go back look at the listing it will show "sold". they will re-list it again showing 19 available with a new auction number, so on and on.

when I bought mine, it started with 28, it took more than a month to get all of them sold.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Thanks for the heads up. I've REALLY been considering buying from them. I think I'll wait now.

I just placed an order for YHM 5.56 QD(mount included) at $314 shipped($289+sh) from Mission Critical Firearms.

I didn't see a whole lot of feedbacks of the shop but, I guess that's the risk one has to take when saving a little.

FAL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    NWI
    I purchased two Treks from Phoenix Dist. and they are both sitting at my dealer...no issues, no drama. Waiting on the F4 to clear.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    paid on June 4,
    F3 pending on Jun 17,
    F3 Approved on July 7.

Yeah, this delay was definitely on Phoenix. It's the first I've heard of like this and they were selling those Treks like hotcakes. Hopefully it was just a fluke. Sucks though when you're the one it's happening to.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I just placed an order for YHM 5.56 QD(mount included) at $314 shipped($289+sh) from Mission Critical Firearms.

I didn't see a whole lot of feedbacks of the shop but, I guess that's the risk one has to take when saving a little.

I bought one too. Keep us updated here.

Top Bottom