• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Well a while back, I purchased a nice AT&T iPhone 4 from a friend when he upgraded phones. I currently just have a flip phone with Verizon (no internet). I was waiting for my Verizon contract to expire on 3/25/13, and then going to port my number over to Straight talk unlimited $45 plan. All I need is the AT&T sim card from Straight Talk to be able to use my iPhone with their service (it was like 12 dollars a few months ago). Well now I go to buy the sim card online, and it is 60-100 dollars everywhere, and not available from Straight Talk anymore. I guess Straight Talk stopped selling the AT&T sim cards, rumor is they are selling their own iPhone now. I first cursed in disbelief, then ordered one for $66 with free shipping. Ouch!! I called it a panic buy in the title, but is was necessary to use the phone with that service. I thought about asking if they would trade 66 brass cased .223 rounds for it.. Jk

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Ha ha, thanks for the heads up. I did get the micro card the the 4's use. I just hope they send the right one. If I had to go through a return, it could be "too late"..

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    You can chop down the larger sim to fit the smaller slot if need be but I would try to avoid that.

This but it's a pain in the butt. Did it with my straight talk Sim when I got my LG Nexus 4 and it worked but it just didn't seem to fit right and I got the micro sim anyway.
    Now if only att would allow their MVNOs to use LTE...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I recently went to the darkside and bought a droid after fighting for some time to keep my old flip phone. I just reused my old sim card and not the one provided with the droid. When I activated the phone I was having some problems with it so I called att. They told me I had to use the new sim card or certain features of my droid wouldn't work. So far the only non working feature I've found is that the time or two the GF accidently used the att gps we didn't get billed for it. My thnking is that they can't track usage of some of the features with the old sim card.

Score one for the people!!!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Speaking of SIM cards...

I couldn't believe it when my Verizon LTE/4g phone shipped to me with a SIM card.

I didn't realize that CDMA phones utilized them - or perhaps it's just for any LTE/4g phone.

Not that it really matters, but I was looking to be rid of SIM cards after we moved away from AT&T.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Speaking of SIM cards...

I couldn't believe it when my Verizon LTE/4g phone shipped to me with a SIM card.

I didn't realize that CDMA phones utilized them - or perhaps it's just for any LTE/4g phone.

Not that it really matters, but I was looking to be rid of SIM cards after we moved away from AT&T.
    LTE is a GSM technology = uses SIM card. Additionally a lot of the new verizon phones are global phones which also = SIM card. Some can even use AT&T and T-Mobile SIMs without a problem. You won't get the fastest data speeds but will still be able to make phone calls.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    LTE is a GSM technology = uses SIM card. Additionally a lot of the new verizon phones are global phones which also = SIM card. Some can even use AT&T and T-Mobile SIMs without a problem. You won't get the fastest data speeds but will still be able to make phone calls.

This is all news to me. I haven't had a sim card since I dumped T-Mobile 10 years ago for Verizon. We are getting new phones in the next few weeks so know I know what to expect. Thanks.

Top Bottom