PHOTO! Guy who accidentally shot himself in the foot.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    One of my co-worker's father shot him in the shoulder with a deer slug, another co-worker's son managed to shoot himself in the leg, he ended up loosing the his foot. I once knew a farmer who had a hunter shoot and kill one of his Holsteins, mistook it for a deer. I personally don't think the woods is anyplace for me, I think I will just listen to the stories.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Note to self "unload shotgun BEFORE climbing tree!"

I've climbed bunches of trees, fences, hills, mountains with loaded guns. Even scaled the fence at a big name gun school with a loaded shotgun (well, see, we were out and got to talking and the lock sorted malfed and . . .).

Why aren't these jokers just slinging arms and climbing???:dunno:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    One of my co-worker's father shot him in the shoulder with a deer slug, another co-worker's son managed to shoot himself in the leg, he ended up loosing the his foot. I once knew a farmer who had a hunter shoot and kill one of his Holsteins, mistook it for a deer. I personally don't think the woods is anyplace for me, I think I will just listen to the stories.

seen a guy in Story IN try to check in a calf in the mid 80's.....CO's had fun with him...

MRTOOSE

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Putnam Co
    I am glad it is just his foot. I guess its good to see stuff like this ever once and a while , good reminder to always handle weapon with care .

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    I have ALWAYS hauled my shotgun, bow, muzzleloader up after I climbed into my stand. MANY times I have also hauled my pack up too....I use para-cord, gun unloaded, muzzle down. With my muzzleloaders, if I didnt pull the cap off, I lowered the hammer down with a glove (or the like) between it and the cap.

Ive always been more comfortable climbing without a gun on my shoulder/back.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    http://www.spencereveningworld.com/weekinreview/86325
    Hunter Injured In Monday Mishap In Southwestern Owen County

2011-11-23 / Front Page

Staff Report

A Monday afternoon mishap in southwestern Owen County resulted in a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the foot for one local deer hunter.
    According to information released through the DNR and Indiana Conservation Officer Dale Clark, the mishap occurred after the hunter, reportedly walking over steep, rough terrain, lost their footing. As the hunter fell the firearm discharged, resulting in a gunshot wound to the individual’s right foot. The hunter was transported to IU Health-Bloomington Hospital by an Owen County EMS unit. The hunter's injuries are not considered life-threatening and no names are being released at this time.
    This incident remains under investigation.

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    i heard another story about a guy in northern indiana that shot a buck, called his son to help him come clean it, got down to the buck the buck wasnt dead, it gorged him in the side and it hit him in the liver and when the son arrived the dad and the deer were both dead....a coworker of mine told me this story, not sure if its true or not, but man that would suck

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    i heard another story about a guy in northern indiana that shot a buck, called his son to help him come clean it, got down to the buck the buck wasnt dead, it gorged him in the side and it hit him in the liver and when the son arrived the dad and the deer were both dead....a coworker of mine told me this story, not sure if its true or not, but man that would suck

True

Wounded Buck Kills Indiana Hunter - Petersen's Bowhunting

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    I have ALWAYS hauled my shotgun, bow, muzzleloader up after I climbed into my stand. MANY times I have also hauled my pack up too....I use para-cord, gun unloaded, muzzle down. With my muzzleloaders, if I didnt pull the cap off, I lowered the hammer down with a glove (or the like) between it and the cap.

Ive always been more comfortable climbing without a gun on my shoulder/back.

Man, you could save a lot of time if you left your guns loaded when you pulled them up into the tree. I mean, doesn't it take seconds or even minutes to unload the gun then just have to load a round again?

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    Wow this is something Im sure if they showed in hunters ed courses, people would remember. I hoping he had a cell phone to reach somebody and didnt have to walk out of the woods like that.

Top Bottom