• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coltsfan33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    Greenfield
    Didnt see the end but I heard it. TK takes lead and then Dario hits the wall right after the green....hmmm idk. Anything cause Dario to crash? Or is the 3 time winner that bad of a driver, or was he trying to get his friend his first win at IMS.

haha just a little upset since a family member works on RHR's team wanted to see them win. :D

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    If one didn't know better, one might think you, TF, had a vendetta against TK, or maybe all Brazillians.

I have nothing at all against racers of any country or ethnicity. I believe that fair and righteous competition brings out the best in mankind across all barriers. I don't even get my feathers ruffled when less talented females get a lot of attention because I like to focus on the actual racing- not the crap after and before it.

That being said I HATE it when a race as good as that one was with as many lead changes finishes under a yellow flag.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I have nothing at all against racers of any country or ethnicity. I believe that fair and righteous competition brings out the best in mankind across all barriers. I don't even get my feathers ruffled when less talented females get a lot of attention because I like to focus on the actual racing- not the crap after and before it.

That being said I HATE it when a race as good as that one was with as many lead changes finishes under a yellow flag.

I think its dumb as well but its been like that for a while hasn't it?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I think its dumb as well but its been like that for a while hasn't it?

For some reason I started watching things like the Indy 500 again. Probably because I now have young children and I want them to share the good memories I had as a kid but after years of not watching really any type of televised racing event this one got to me.

It was a great race up to that and I was watching it on XBox ESPN so it was all in-car cameras and no announcers or commercials.

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Didnt see the end but I heard it. TK takes lead and then Dario hits the wall right after the green....hmmm idk. Anything cause Dario to crash? Or is the 3 time winner that bad of a driver, or was he trying to get his friend his first win at IMS.

haha just a little upset since a family member works on RHR's team wanted to see them win. :D

You may have something here. I watched the interview with Franchetti, and he looked like he was BS'ing.....

I agree with you that he crashed on purpose.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    You may have something here. I watched the interview with Franchetti, and he looked like he was BS'ing.....

I agree with you that he crashed on purpose.

No. If you watch the replay he fights that car all the way to the wall. He even says in the interview he was fighting a huge understeer off the corners. Besides, I don't think Chip would be real happy with him for purposely crashing a million dollar race car so his buddy could win.

I wish it could have ended under green, but that's racing. Great race, happy to see TK win.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Me too. That's why I love the NASCAR green-white-checkers rule, but everyone knew what the rules were at the Indy500 going in. You pays your fee. You takes your chances.

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Me too. That's why I love the NASCAR green-white-checkers rule, but everyone knew what the rules were at the Indy500 going in. You pays your fee. You takes your chances.

Exactly, and that is why as a driver you race the rules. It was very important to try and take the lead on the restart with 3 laps to go, knowing that a yellow (ending the race under yellow) was a high possibility with every driver flat out going for it at the end.
    :twocents:

I'm not sure why there seems to be more people bothered/upset by the race ending under yellow. It happens a lot in Indy car racing and at the Indy 500. Last year nobody seemed bothered by the fact Dario won under yellow when Sato tried to take him going into turn one and lost it into the wall. :dunno:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I was rooting for TK and glad to see him win...

The girl he gave his good-luck charm to 9 years ago in the Indy Children's Hospital was from my home-town... she survived a massive brain surgery the next day and AFAIK has been leading a somewhat normal life since then.

Most notably, she was my date to the HS Prom too... :D

It was good to see Tony win this year after she gave the good-luck charm back to him... but maybe I'm just biased by his down-to-earth nature and kind-heart...:dunno:

I too hate to see a race finish under caution... but that's the way it is...

Last edited:

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I don't even get my feathers ruffled when less talented females get a lot of attention because I like to focus on the actual racing- not the crap after and before it.

Are you saying you don't mind lesser talented drivers getting attention because it relates to more exposure to the sport in general?

Great day for our adopted Hoosier TK!

Top Bottom