• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I am looking into truck bed slides. Who has experience with these? What are the pros and cons of them? Thanks for any insight.

Last edited:

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I had one briefly several years ago. Neighbor gave it too me instead of throwing it out. It needed minor repairs, IIRC a new spring and minor linkage straightened out. I don't remember the weight rating but it was a commercial unit on the higher end of weight ratings. It was well built but when you start cantilevering something 6 or more ft you need a lot of beef. If I was to buy one new I would get a commercial unit and get it rated for twice the weight I was going to have on it. Like all things I have laying around 6 months after selling it for next to nothing at auction I found a use for it. I do see them used on FB. If it is not bent rollers and such are available if you get it cheap.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Guy that used to work for me has one in his full sized half ton. He loves it.

To me it is just like getting an extended cab. You will fill it up and have no room and worse fuel mileage. I know because that is what I have done, along with a toolbox in the back.

Anyhow his only complaint is the loss of bed height. If he puts things on top of it he has to be careful about losing those items more so than without.

I don't recall the brand. He told me he paid maybe $1500 and would do it again because he works daily out of his truck.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I know a mobile equipment mechanic that has one on his one ton with covered bed, it looks substantial, has smooth rollers. He keeps his tools in the front, then pulls them out when working while having room to set a transmission or generator on easily then just slide it into the enclosed bed. Never seen any flex in his but I don’t know brand.

The question seems to me to be do you have a use for it?

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I have a solid Tonneau cover and just removed the bed side steps. It will be around $700 to replace them but it would still be difficult to get items out of the nose of the truck if they end up there during transport. This would be more of a luxury then a need.
    1) side steps for $700
    2) install a bed slide for $1600
    3) DYI a bed slide for $250-$500

Top Bottom