• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    I hope you are good friends with your LGS owner because I have seen a guy get thrown out of a gun shop for out biding the owner in a gun sale. After the tempers calmed down the gun shop owner told me that guy has got some balls to out bid me in my own shop, & he won't be buying any more guns here.
    These gun shop owners are trying to make a living buying & selling guns. To out bid them in there own shop, most take it like a slap in the face.

JimmyJames

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Just passin through
    518iT.jpg

Got a 2nd 10/22. I was hanging out at my local LGS and an older man walks in with this 10/22. He wanted $150 for it but my LGS owner said $65 and the man declined so jokingly I said Id give him $80. He told me make it $100 and it was mine. Its a older Deluxe model without the barrel band my LGS owner said its worth every bit of what I paid for it. Ive been needing a new one after I stripped the threads for the scope mount on my old one. This one already has the mount on it so I shouldnt have to worry about it. Gonna throw my scope on it and sight it in in the next week or 2. Now my old one will be a tacticool project rifle.

Herp Derp this should be in long guns lol. Im tired forgive me Mods

Did the owner of the store get mad at you?

I did that once to a guy that came into Don's to sell a gun and the Don's employee blew a gasket.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I hope you are good friends with your LGS owner because I have seen a guy get thrown out of a gun shop for out biding the owner in a gun sale. After the tempers calmed down the gun shop owner told me that guy has got some balls to out bid me in my own shop, & he won't be buying any more guns here.
    These gun shop owners are trying to make a living buying & selling guns. To out bid them in there own shop, most take it like a slap in the face.

Did the owner of the store get mad at you?

I did that once to a guy that came into Don's to sell a gun and the Don's employee blew a gasket.

No. The man who came in wanted $150 for it and the LGS owner wouldnt budge above $65. After they both declined the deal finally I waited some time and thats when I made my move. The LGS had nothing to get mad over. As long as I do it that way my LGS, Who I have a good reputation and relationship with, is fine with it.

Top Bottom