• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Do not feel bad about selling things way too cheap. Several years ago when I was culling down my gun collection, I got rid of a 7.7mm Japanese Arisaka with the chrysanthemum left intact, a dust cover and the original bayonet. I let my model 1917 go way too cheap because the bolt # did not match the receiver #. Most weapons used it WWI did not match because an armorer just gave a soldier one that had been re-built when one was needed instead of fixing the original on the spot. I also let my Mk IV SMLE go way too cheap judging by what the beat up examples go for today. The thing that really irks me is that years ago I used to own an RCA Victor Superheterodyne Radiola Model 98 just like one that was in the Indiana State Museum that worked very well with a cheap set of TV rabbitt ears. I tripled my money, but got about 20% of what it was worth. Now, I just collect and do not sell anything anymore. Live and learn!!!

Rick983

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Littletommy ask's "Looks nice. Does being "import marked" mean it does not have nazi markings on it? When dealers and collectors say import marked, they are actually meaning importer marked. After the Gun Control Act of 1968, all surplus firearms imported into the US must have the name of the company that brought them into the country. This mark has no relation to the original marks the manufacturers put on the gun. Collectors pay a premium for non-importer marked guns because it's felt that these guns were brought back by returning GI's and have a personal tie with that event (WW2 in this case). Your gun looks very nice for the k98's now being imported from Russia. I'm sure if you decide to sell your gun, you will get your money plus more. :yesway:

Top Bottom