• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    A guy had it on consignment, bought it new and never fired it. Hope to get it to the range soon. Once I know it's good to go, I'm going to sell my PF9. Will post a range report at a later date.

Here she is!

KAHRVC4477.jpg

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    I noticed you are in Columbus. You wouldn't happen to be taking it to Atterbury to shoot would you? The reason I am asking is because I have been trying to find someone that will let my wife try theirs out before she buys one.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I noticed you are in Columbus. You wouldn't happen to be taking it to Atterbury to shoot would you? The reason I am asking is because I have been trying to find someone that will let my wife try theirs out before she buys one.

Yes, I shoot at Atterbury. I'm going to try and go on Friday, if not, then Saturday. Your wife is more than welcome to try it. I'll let you know for sure later in the week.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Repeating what BoilerWes just said, my PM9 is my constant companion. You picked a good one, just give it a fair break-in.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    Congrats! You will love the trigger compared to the other small pistols you have tried. Much easier to stay on target through the pull.

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    Congrats! I never should have sold my PM9. Currently, I carry an MK40 (same size as the PM40, but has a steel frame rather than polymer), and I will probably soon be purchasing a CM9 (same as the PM9, but less expensive since it doesn't have the polygonally rifled barrel and fancier rolled lettering, etc.)

My PM9 functioned perfectly, with not a single malfunction, right from the first magazine out of the box. Still, it's a good idea to follow Kahr's recommendation for a break-in period. I believe when I had my PM9 they recommended 250 or 300 rounds before trusting it. I don't think I ever got to that round count with the gun, as it was 100% reliable.

I carried in a Desantis Nemesis holster, which also works for my MK40. Very nice pocket gun. :)

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Congrats! I never should have sold my PM9. Currently, I carry an MK40 (same size as the PM40, but has a steel frame rather than polymer), and I will probably soon be purchasing a CM9 (same as the PM9, but less expensive since it doesn't have the polygonally rifled barrel and fancier rolled lettering, etc.)

My PM9 functioned perfectly, with not a single malfunction, right from the first magazine out of the box. Still, it's a good idea to follow Kahr's recommendation for a break-in period. I believe when I had my PM9 they recommended 250 or 300 rounds before trusting it. I don't think I ever got to that round count with the gun, as it was 100% reliable.

I carried in a Desantis Nemesis holster, which also works for my MK40. Very nice pocket gun. :)

I'm going to run 200-300 rounds my first time out. I'm going to have to scoure the internet as well. Desantis is out of stock on the pocket holsters.

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    I'm going to run 200-300 rounds my first time out. I'm going to have to scoure the internet as well. Desantis is out of stock on the pocket holsters.

$20 shipped on eBay right now...pretty decent price, although I've seen them for slightly less.

200+ rounds through a PM9 is pretty tough on the hands, I'm not sure I could do that all at once. But if you can, I'd recommend field stripping and cleaning after 100 or so. The gun may function fine without doing that, but with pocket guns I usually do a quick cleaning in the middle of a longer range session, just because I hate to have a malfunction due to a dirty gun; if it happens, my confidence in the weapon decreases, just because I know it HAS malfunctioned, even if it was filthy at the time. Yeah, I'm pretty OCD about these things. :)

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    Just brought my new CM9 home and gave it a good cleaning. It seems very similar to the PM9...tough to tell the difference if it weren't for the simpler engraving on the slide. There are a few other differences--it only came with one mag, the front sight is not dovetailed, and the barrel is conventionally, rather than polygonally, rifled. But it cost almost $250 less. (Still...if I could go back, I would never have sold that PM9!)

Awesome guns. Can't wait to try my CM9 at the range.

To the OP, congrats on your purchase!

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    One item you might also want to take a look at is the Hogue Handall Jr. The texture on the front face of the grip was slightly uncomfortable to me. The Handall feels outstanding on the Kahr. It is easy to install. Fits like a glove with very little if any trimming. It does not add much noticeable width to the gun. Feels great!

65b273da.jpg

Top Bottom