• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    +1 on the D spring. It makes the trigger far better imho. As I understand it, the M9A3 comes from the factory with the D spring.

Beretta 92/96 series Steel Trigger, Spring Trigger and D Hammer Spring

I have an old 92F (nope, not the FS) and I love it. Its and early 80's build and from what research I have done, it was built when Beretta still hand fit them in Italy. It is hands down the smoothest gun I own. And as smooth as the higher end custom guns I have handled.

My only complaint with the gun was the safety and how I could sometimes accidentally activate it when cycling the action. But now Beretta has a de-cocker only conversion at a REAL reasonable price for the 92/96 series. I just installed mine a couple of weeks ago, and I am loving it. I think my Beretta is going to get a LOT more range time now.

Beretta M9A3 G Conversion Kit

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I think I'd take the M9A1 over all of them, even the 92A1. You can't really put a fiber optic on a 92 anyway, so who cares if the front site is removable.
    You can put a fiber optic sight on a 92. AllenM milled and drilled the front sight on my 92 then added a red fiber optic rod. Everyone that shoots it, loves it.

SpartanHD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2016
    West Lafayette
    Nice gun!! I need to get a 92 to pair with the Cx4 carbine I just bought. I love the idea of having a pistol/rifle combo that shares ammo and mags. If I ever had to go mobile in a urban setting it is in my eyes a great setup. I wasn't aware of the several different models and need to do more research on which one is best for me. Enjoy your new toy!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    If you've been thinking about one of the Beretta M9A3's, Indiana Gun Club has FDE or black ones for 775.00 which is a great deal even better than MIL/LE price, put a deposit down on one myself today.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The Beretta 92 was the first gun that I thought was "special."
    It really fit and I learned that I liked a "meaty" grip.
    I've had one and almost bought another a couple of times, but my Shadow 2 brings me back to restrain me.

Last edited:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Nice, for some reason since they stopped using the M-9 I want a Beretta!! Anyone want to trade a G26 for an old 92?..............

Last edited:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Congratulations on the new Beretta! Shoot, shoot shoot 124 grain ammo. I believe NATO called for 124 grain ammo for this pistol. I shoot a Beretta 92FS Inox and always shoot 124s. The pistol loves them, the Bullseye not so much. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Took it out for a quick spin today at Highsmiths and it shoots well, the really nice triggers these come with help quite a bit. I could get good hits in both DA and SA with cheap walmart FMJ's.

AfJBXnh.jpg

DP8It76.jpg

Top Bottom