• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Picked up this Halfbreed Knives creation at the 1500.

IMAG0371_1.jpg

So far I am very impressed with this blade. Razor sharp, well balanced and feels good in my hands. Not to mention it has character and is now my favorite blade.

IMAG0372_1.jpg

Just messing around after two swings it took a nice little chunk out of this 2x4.

Stay tuned for more pictures this weekend when I have more time to put it to work.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    I'm guessing it is 1095, or do you know? I like it!

Did it come with a sheath? I'd think finding something to house that bad boy would be hard...

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    It's 5160. No sheath but Nate does make his own kydex sheaths. Grunt soldier and dtrap have made 6 or 7 custom kydex sheaths for me at a reasonable price. For this one I was thinking about trying my hand at making my own leather sheath. So I guess what I am trying to say is getting a sheath isn't a problem.

Last edited:

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    Loved the forged finish, I have a few knives I requested to be left that way.

Was this the first 1500 they've been to? I saw them and didn't recognize anything. Nothing caught my eye, but I didn't really stop to look.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    It was his first one. I was a vendor as well. Friday I walked by and didn't stop. Saturday I stopped and started talking to Nate. After about 3 hours of total conversation I picked up the chopper right before the show was over Sunday. If he gets into the next show I encourage everyone to stop by and give his blades a good look.

Halfbreed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2013
    Looks like a Jeff white knife??? Awful lot of polish on it to say that... Lol yes I'm hugely influenced by Jeff as well as Jim Carden and the rest of the old knife makers from where I grew up. I see Jeff on a weekly basis, he's my only living mentor. That guys been making knives full time for twenty years, why wouldn't I listen to him ? He's good , has his own style and is successful as a bladesmith. My knives are prettier sexier and shinier... I'm not here to reinvent the wheel just make knives. I owe a lot to Jeff , to abandon what's gotten me to being a full time knife maker would be foolish. To say it looks like a Jeff white knife doesn't bother me in the least, I'm proud of it. And if you go to a rendezvous they all look like Jeff whites knives, lol. But, just as Jeff has said "you've developed your own style, you spend more time on them,and people love what you do, that's why you sell so many" to me thats validation. My hope is that the student ends up better than the teacher - the market will decide the rest.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Looks like a Jeff white knife??? Awful lot of polish on it to say that... Lol yes I'm hugely influenced by Jeff as well as Jim Carden and the rest of the old knife makers from where I grew up. I see Jeff on a weekly basis, he's my only living mentor. That guys been making knives full time for twenty years, why wouldn't I listen to him ? He's good , has his own style and is successful as a bladesmith. My knives are prettier sexier and shinier... I'm not here to reinvent the wheel just make knives. I owe a lot to Jeff , to abandon what's gotten me to being a full time knife maker would be foolish. To say it looks like a Jeff white knife doesn't bother me in the least, I'm proud of it. And if you go to a rendezvous they all look like Jeff whites knives, lol. But, just as Jeff has said "you've developed your own style, you spend more time on them,and people love what you do, that's why you sell so many" to me thats validation. My hope is that the student ends up better than the teacher - the market will decide the rest.

:welcome: to INGO.

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    Halfbreed I'll have to get ahold of you. I seen the tactical cleaver Tom1025's wife got him, and well long story short my dad wants one now.

Top Bottom