• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    Just picked her up tonight after having all of the Magpul parts installed. I plan on taking it out tomorrow or Saturday, is there anything I need to do to get this ready for shooting? This is my first AR, so I just want to make sure I do things right from the start. Thanks guys, hope you like it as much as I do! Oh, and of course I'm not done, a few things will be added soon...

IMAG0153-1.jpg

IMAG0154-1.jpg

IMAG0155-1.jpg

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    Depending on how much you are planning on shooting, and how you hold your rifle, you might want to get some rail covers or a vertical fore grip. My Knight's Armament quad rail on my M-4 gets pretty hot after a few mags, especially if you do any rapid fire.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    looks good! what are the specs?

Sorry about that, guess that might have been a nice thing to add huh??

Its an Optics Ready M&P15 in 5.56/.223
    Magpul MBUS front and rear sights
    Magpul CTR stock
    Magpul MOE grip
    Midwest Industries quad rail
    Cheap red dot for now

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    They didn't lie, they just tricked you a little! :): No, its not a piston model, though from what I'm hearing making it one might not be a bad idea.
    Very nice rifle op but it truly would be a bad idea if you converted it. I don't recommend piston ar's, but if you do buy one get one that was designed that way from a reputable manufacturer.
    I would also get rail covers, foreward grip, more magazines (can never have too many), end plate sling mount, sling, and lots of ammo.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    Ive ordered a Magpul AFG2, Magpul rail covers and I can't decide on a single point sling mount. But I'm going to get one on there soon. As it stands, I have two PMAGS and 400 rounds of ammo.

victor 1971

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    The region
    take it to the range and shoot. if you need further instructions, maybe you shouldnt be shooting it. I understand your excitement but it'sa riflr that no matter what any one tells you is only going to be an extension of YOUR boddy and mind. so go hang out with your new buddy!!! let me know hoe it goes.....im typing in the dark. excuse my punctuation...

GMack_1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    Montgomery Co.
    Should I take this thing down and clean everything off and re lube everything before I take her out this weekend?
    I'd at least take out the bolt and look for lubrication. There is usually enough factory "gunk" on there to get you through your first few shooting sessions. To answer your question, if it is not lubed it properly the thing will quickly let you know it is not happy. When it comes to lube, it's either oil or grease. Here's a quick video from the Tactical Response dude. I've been using this method for years now and it works, it's cheap, and did I mention it works on Glocks? Oops, sorry for mentioning the "G" word, since this is the rifle forum...., good luck and great looking piece:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXIsKEHo-4g&feature=related[/ame]

Top Bottom