• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Well i picked this up from a fellow on these boards. Its a remington 700 action in a fajer stock, timney trigger, fluted bolt, in 22-250. Havent had a chance to shoot it yet but i plan on putting a nice high powered optic on it and eventually a new barrel.

m8zdpg.jpg

idalie.jpg

16k3nrn.jpg

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Remauto1187 I would not want to see you hurt with that thing. I would be happy to dispose of it for him :):

That is a nice rifle. Great score. I have a soft spot for 700's Let us know how it shoots. Why are you thinking of changing the barrel? That should be a tack driver.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Remauto1187 I would not want to see you hurt with that thing. I would be happy to dispose of it for him :):

That is a nice rifle. Great score. I have a soft spot for 700's Let us know how it shoots. Why are you thinking of changing the barrel? That should be a tack driver.

Because i'd like to shoot longer ranges which neccesitates heavier bullets which wont be stabilized by the slower 1:12 or 1:14 twist rate of this barrel. I need 1:7 or 1:8

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Nice rifle... my brother is going to be mad... He wanted me to keep an eye out for a R700 in 22-250 so he could get rid of his .270 and match 22-250 with dad's for cartridge reduction...

Guess I missed that one... do you mind me asking what you paid?

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Because i'd like to shoot longer ranges which neccesitates heavier bullets which wont be stabilized by the slower 1:12 or 1:14 twist rate of this barrel. I need 1:7 or 1:8

Are you sure about the twist rate of the barrel on the gun? We could check if you want to stop by sometime.....

Are you planning on re-barreling in 22-250?

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    He slughfoot i'd be real happy if i could figure out twist...i've looked everywhere on the barrel and cant find it. As far as rechambering in 22-250 i'm not real sure yet. all i know is i want to keep it in the short action format but beyond that no real desires so far.

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    Twist rate is pretty much never marked on a bolt gun but you can find it easily using a cleaning rod with a patch or swab or brush on it. Start the rod in barrel and Use something to mark the 12 o'clock position and push the rod down the barrel. The rifleing will make the rod rotate, stop when your mark has gone around 360 degrees. The distance you had to insert it for 360 degrees of rotation is the twist rate.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    USMC this Bud's for YOU....

He slughfoot i'd be real happy if i could figure out twist...i've looked everywhere on the barrel and cant find it. As far as rechambering in 22-250 i'm not real sure yet. all i know is i want to keep it in the short action format but beyond that no real desires so far.

260 Remington Sniper Central
    ^^^I came across this yesterday..Got me to "Thinking???"
    If you are "IN" to reloading+enjoy working up loads, this should be a great caliber to move up to..Bill

Top Bottom