• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Picked up a new to me, Norinco 56 S. Sile NY import. I’ve been waiting to run across one of these “pre ban” AK’s for years at the LGS. It’s in good/shooter condition which is OK because I plan to shoot it. The gun is correct with slant brake and factory 66 Bakelite mag but need to pick up a correct Chinese AK type sling for it. Absolutely in love with this gun. Picked it up for $875 out the door at my LGS

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Congrats on a great purchase. Haven't seen it that price in over 15 years.

The price was a blessing. LGS owner had it in his personal collection for a while and decided to make me a cash deal on it. Wasn’t on the shelf or anything. I’ve been looking for one of these locally for many years just waiting to find a deal.

Last edited:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I'm selling my polytech legend soon. I had a certain number I was waiting for them to go to first and thats happened I think. Chinese ak's some of the best ever

I think so too. Of course gunbroker is where you will get the most for it.
    If you have a GB acct. I would wait until Nov. to list it, I know I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Forgot to add, the Chinese AK market is almost strictly a collectors market these days.
    I think there are guys looking for them, my bet is after they find one and buy it, it may go to the range once, then becomes a safe queen.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think so too. Of course gunbroker is where you will get the most for it.
    If you have a GB acct. I would wait until Nov. to list it, I know I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.
    No I appreciate the help. I really dont know anything about selling online. I do everything via ingo or friends.

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Forgot to add, the Chinese AK market is almost strictly a collectors market these days.
    I think there are guys looking for them, my bet is after they find one and buy it, it may go to the range once, then becomes a safe queen.

I agree. I enjoy watching them sell on GB. I watched a used Sile, 56 s like mine with Bakelite mag go for $1,700 plus $40 shipping last week. No box.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    No I appreciate the help. I really dont know anything about selling online. I do everything via ingo or friends.

Mid Term Election will drive the market, with speculation and fear of "gun grabbing Democrats".
    It has always been my belief that the fear mongering is driven by the gun industry itself, great way to get some stale inventory moved.

As far as gunbroker goes, I have had an acct. since 2004, what I did before selling on there, I made 4 "small" purchases to get some feedback established. Especially if you are going to sell something expensive most guys will be leery of bidding on something that high end from a seller with no feedback.
    Scammers are everywhere, even gunbroker. Also I have heard people thinking there are too many fees on gunbroker, which isn't true, it's nothing like ebay.
    If you need help with it, or have questions, shoot me a PM.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Mid Term Election will drive the market, with speculation and fear of "gun grabbing Democrats".
    It has always been my belief that the fear mongering is driven by the gun industry itself, great way to get some stale inventory moved.

Considering that "gun grabbing Democrats" actually want to grab your guns, I'd say the fears are well placed.

The reason Chinese weapons are worth so much these days is that they were actually banned from importation 25 years ago. I well remember the days of $65 utility grade SKS carbines with ammo so cheap spam cans were thrown in with the purchase of a new AK or SKS.

These days, watching the Trump effect on AR prices, I can only wonder how long that will last and if, 25 years from now, we will be having the same conversation about pricing, IF we are allowed to even own one at that time.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

As far as gunbroker goes, I have had an acct. since 2004, what I did before selling on there, I made 4 "small" purchases to get some feedback established. Especially if you are going to sell something expensive most guys will be leery of bidding on something that high end from a seller with no feedback.
    Scammers are everywhere, even gunbroker. Also I have heard people thinking there are too many fees on gunbroker, which isn't true, it's nothing like ebay.
    If you need help with it, or have questions, shoot me a PM.

I feel the GB fees are very reasonable compared to getting hit by ebay and then paypal. I've sold 2 of the same item for the same pricing and shipping and was amazed at the difference in my final value. But back on topic GB is the place to find real time market pricing.

Top Bottom