• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    When I would visit/work in the Nashville, TN area I'd go to an outdoor range set up by TWRA. For cases you didn't want they furnished a yellow bucket for brass and a white bucket for steel and aluminum. You can't collect cases from the buckets. If you collected your cases you had to bring your own container. I'd talk to other shooters that were shooting what I was. "Collect your cases, box and tray for me." That got me into a bit of hot water.
    While I was recovering from a work related injury I worked there a few hours two days per week for PT. The pay was 44 cents per mile to and from work, no taxes. A few reloading friends back home wanted boxes and trays to store their reloads. I collected them from the trash cans. That got me into a bit of hot water again. The officer that reported me thought I needed to buy the plastic storage boxes per caliber like he did. I painted my boxes black and used a white mailing label to ID the load.
    The steel and aluminum cases were separated into buckets. Brass was separated, cleaned, bagged 100 and 300 per bag. Sold to reloaders, common pistol 3 cents, rifle 5 cents per case. Non-reloadable cases were scrapped. All money collected from sales bought us food and drinks while working at the range.
    One senior officer had family in Clarksville, TN. Tell him what you wanted and he'd pick it up at Midsouth Shooters. Saved us on hazmat and shipping.

MD Coltrane

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2023
    Granger, IN
    When I would visit/work in the Nashville, TN area I'd go to an outdoor range set up by TWRA. For cases you didn't want they furnished a yellow bucket for brass and a white bucket for steel and aluminum. You can't collect cases from the buckets. If you collected your cases you had to bring your own container. I'd talk to other shooters that were shooting what I was. "Collect your cases, box and tray for me." That got me into a bit of hot water.
    While I was recovering from a work related injury I worked there a few hours two days per week for PT. The pay was 44 cents per mile to and from work, no taxes. A few reloading friends back home wanted boxes and trays to store their reloads. I collected them from the trash cans. That got me into a bit of hot water again. The officer that reported me thought I needed to buy the plastic storage boxes per caliber like he did. I painted my boxes black and used a white mailing label to ID the load.
    The steel and aluminum cases were separated into buckets. Brass was separated, cleaned, bagged 100 and 300 per bag. Sold to reloaders, common pistol 3 cents, rifle 5 cents per case. Non-reloadable cases were scrapped. All money collected from sales bought us food and drinks while working at the range.
    One senior officer had family in Clarksville, TN. Tell him what you wanted and he'd pick it up at Midsouth Shooters. Saved us on hazmat and shipping.
    I get quite a bit of bulk Hornady bullets from Midsouth. They have good prices. I think most state ranges have a problem with instituting a policy at the various ranges on left brass and personally shot brass. I would like to see them take a total hands-off policy on ALL brass at the range and just charge a $5 a day fee to the shooters. I would gladly pay it. Until then, the IN DNR has torqued me off for the last time.

Top Bottom