• ...and so much more!
  • redfox033

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Newburgh
    Okey, don't bash me so fast guys...
    my wife wants me to build her "her own" AR15. She wants as much pink as possible. The only pink stripped lower I know of is the Mag Tactical. Is there other pink lower/uppers that you know of?

Or would it just be easier to duracoat or have it ceracioated?
    Any reason for a new gun is a good reason as far as I'm concerned. LOL

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I just put pink furniture on my wife's gun and called it good. I'm in the process of building her another AR which I'll take the pink furniture off the other and use it on the new one. And since USDS is in the process of getting cerakote I'll probably go ahead and cerakote this one too.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I'm a firm believer in the powers of cerakote. I'm also a firm believer in 2-tone. ALL pink is overwhelming and underwhelming at the same time, if you catch what I mean there. I'd go for a two tone, it can be accomplished by a few methods. You can purchase pink furniture. You can cerakote (or duracoated if that tickles your fancy). One thing on purchasing pink parts. Buy them all from the same place so you get the same shade of pink. Like FDE there are a ridiculous number of shades out there and mismatching them is annoying to my OCD. Best thing is to just buy an AR for a few hundred bucks, sink a bit more into a good cerakote job and know that everything will be PERFECT!!!! You could even google some pink AR's for her and show her the difference between all pink and 2-tone (pink and black, pink and purple, pink and white, etc...) Then find out what parts she wants pink. Additionally, you can go to cerakote's website (or duracoat...see above) and she can pick her pink, I think they have multiple shades. I don't get why anyone, even women would want that peptol pink.

Not an AR but this is my wife's Glock 26 I had cerakoted for her.
    http://www.bellprecisionrifles.com/wpimages/7620fb2b4f3a.jpg

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Can't help you on the pink receivers, but who cares what other people say or think about pink guns. If it gets more people into shooting, then I really don't care what it looks like. Some of my friends made fun of me for wanting to get a pink stock of my fiancés gun. I told them to shove it and that at least my girl likes to shoot. I will build, paint, and pay for any gun she ever wants, as long as it keeps her interested. Congrats on finding one that enjoys shooting with you, it's an awesome thing.

And I'd let her help pick everything out. She will probably enjoy much more if she knows she helped decide in it, and it wasn't something you just picked out. Show her some different pink options as far as solid pink, pink highlights or pink camo. Also let her try out different stocks, grips, handguards and optics so she has something she likes, and not something you think she should like. Even if you absolutely hate it, let her have it.

But it this is just my advice and your situation may be different. These are just some of the things I have done that brought my fiancé from a girl who had never shot a gun in her life, to a girl that gets mad if I don't have time to take her shooting, and I've only known her for 2 years.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The problem with pink for an AR is the tone, Mag Tactical uses PINK and it's bright and very strong, like a Double Bubble shade of pink. Magpul uses a darker pink which IMO looks a lot better.

Faine pretty much has the perfect answer.

Get a game plan of how she wants it to look, figure out what shade of pink she wants, then go from there

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    If you want anything cerakoted pink let me know, I can do plastics too :)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I built these, and several others.

1-19.jpg

1-1-1.jpg

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    See I was going to show my wife this thread so she would know she's not alone, now that you've posted this pic I can't, it'll cost me too much.

Well you could have put him on your ignore list for the time being so his pic wouldn't show up, but now that you've quoted it there goes that idea

redfox033

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Newburgh
    Thanks guys!!! She loves the cerakote. She likes the pink/white and pink/black look. I'm going to let her pick out her Lower and go from there. I like the Aero Percision that are already cerakoted pink.

If it was me I would make one just like yours:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom