• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    OK, I just forked out $20 each for my wife and I to get duplicate licenses with our new (forever) address on them. Last time I went out and bought some pink paper, and scanned and printed duplicates on the pink paper. I was at the store looking at the pink paper and it was a minimum of $5 for a bunch of colors that I don't need and a pink that is not the correct shade. (the package with the correct shade of pink was about $13). Anyway, it got me thinking. If I don't even have to have the license on my person for it to be valid, and therefore, the piece of paper is really not needed. Also, no one is checking to see if the pink color is the exact same as issued by the ISP. So, why do I need to even mess with printing it on pink paper? I think that I am going to print my copies on white paper and then laminate those and not even worry about the pink. The police will end up calling in the information to verify, anyway. So why bother? What say you?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I just take mine to a place like Copy Print shop and have them use their photocopy machine with pink paper. I am sure they do not charge over a quarter a copy. as long as I have a couple extras in the desk, I never loose the original.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Like you said, you don't even need to carry it as its tied to your drivers license now, granted you have one. As Lectric stated your just as well use a bar napkin If you feel the need

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I just take mine to a place like Copy Print shop and have them use their photocopy machine with pink paper. I am sure they do not charge over a quarter a copy. as long as I have a couple extras in the desk, I never loose the original.

I have had issues with copy shops who refuse to copy a "government document" I don't live close enough to PrintCraft for him to do it.

There's a new license, plastic card....no need to worry about pink paper.

Yes, but you can't duplicate the plastic card. I can make all of the duplicates of the paper version I want. Besides, it will cost another $20 each for my wife and I to get the card.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    First off, if you really want to make copies on the same paper just go to staples and ask for the "pink handgun license paper". They will sell it to you at 10cents per sheet. The paper they sell you is a 100% match.

However, like you said there is really no need. The best thing to do in my opinion is the memorize your license number. If you are like me you may never forget your gun, but you may forget your wallet (including LTCH and drivers license). If you can provide an officer your name and LTCH number that should be enough.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I tavel out of state a lot. In fact I travel multiple states for my job so having a LTCH in an original color is important. It might not be required in Indiana but in order for my Utah and Arizona permits to be valid I have to have an Indiana LTCH. The next time somebody has an issue in OH or MN let me know how not having your LTCH on you works out for you.

Top Bottom