• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    For those of you who do not know me, I am woman and this is my first 10/22 build. I will be turning a new pink 10/22 into a decked out purple 10/22.

Ok, first of all, drifting in gun terms does not equal drifting in car terms. And video that tells you to take the trigger assembly apart doesn't actually tell you how to remove the trigger assembly from the gun. So needless to say, I ended up waiting on Scutter to come home where he was promptly greeted by me and and only the removal of the stock. Maybe I should have made a video of this.

Having someone here for the first time was a major benefit. Could I do it by myself now? Certainly. Was it more fun with a partner? Most definitely.

Here are the pieces I added today: VQ auto bolt release, bolt buffer, VQ target hammer & Tactical Solutions extended mag release
    VQ = Volquartsen

Notice the directions are also included. I tried to follow them but got lost at drifting. :) And yes, I realize that was the first sentence. :) But at this point, I had already removed the stock. It's easy when screws are involved.
    5wh6ol.jpg

Here is what Scutter came home to.
    28k12y9.jpg

Here is everything taken apart
    11t4exf.jpg

Things getting put back together
    e83k8y.jpg

28plkn.jpg

eagt51.jpg

Original:
    2d2af7p.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    We'll make a gunsmith out of you yet! :D

FTR: Spasmo did all the work. I was just there for moral support and a little technical guidance.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Good first step. :yesway: Taking apart and reassembling the trigger group is one of the tougher tasks you will likely do. Soon, things like replacing the entire stock will be pretty easy. Keep us posted.

PS- YouTube is your friend for many of these tasks. There is a good one for replacing the bolt release that I followed when swapping out mine.

Last edited:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    The first time I tried to mess with the 10/22 trigger I ended up making a big hunk of non working plastic and metal so you did better than me!:) I still have a sear spring hiding in my carpet..or in the vacuum,not sure which.

just be careful..one tricked out 10/22 will quickly turn into 2 and then 3.....
    After my first build I said no more..then 2 months later I had another,more expensive build and I have parts sitting in front of me rite now for another.:dunno:
    cant wait to see the finished product.:yesway:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    We'll make a gunsmith out of you yet! :D

FTR: Spasmo did all the work. I was just there for moral support and a little technical guidance.

Good for you, Scutter! I know how tempting it is to reach in and "you do it like this", but then no one learns anything new.

Oh and Spas?

You rock. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have the barrel but I haven't bought the stock yet. Still have to pick out a scope too. I'm getting excited.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    When you go to add the rail to the top be very carful not to strip the treads. the mabye four threads per hole. also make sure you use locktite for guns. even though its only 22 it WILL fall off. expeernce lol :) oh and cheack this out Silhouette they have pink and purple.

Last edited:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    When you go to add the rail to the top be very carful not to strip the treads. the mabye four threads per hole. also make sure you use locktite for guns. even though its only 22 it WILL fall off. expeernce lol :) oh and cheack this out Silhouette they have pink and purple.

Those stocks are very slick looking. Looks heavy though with all of that wood.. :) I haven't seen it yet but I'm thinking of this one. Boyds SS EVOLUTION RUGER 10/22® ANY BARREL CHANNEL ROYAL LAMINATE (FINISHED)

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Those stocks are very slick looking. Looks heavy though with all of that wood.. :) I haven't seen it yet but I'm thinking of this one. Boyds SS EVOLUTION RUGER 10/22® ANY BARREL CHANNEL ROYAL LAMINATE (FINISHED)

Just be careful not to go to light. it wont be an issue if you shooting supported but if you plan on shooting off hand and you rifle is to light your rifle will "hover" and itll be a pain to keep on target.

this one was my first build and it is way to light for me to shoot unsupported
    DSCI0114.jpg

and this one is heavy and I can keep it on target very well...the down side is its so heavy that after a few shots standing unsupported my forearms and shoulder starts hurting:dunno:
    DSCI0314.jpg

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I got my first 10/22 tonight. I cannot wait to take it out and then start to bubba it!

Yours looks great! let us know how the upgrade work.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Is this purple enough for you??

This is my wife's Charger. Is it Purple enough for you Spasmo???
    PurpleCharger1.jpg

I don't have a picture of the mags that I dyed purple to go with it..

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    OH! That's awesome! Seriously, I wouldn't mind having that one too.

I do need to pick up some of the clear plastic magazines so I can dye them. Did you do anything special to dye them and what kind of dye did you use?

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Not really

I disassmble the entire mag, heat up some water, place in Rit dye, drop in the parts, use a pair of tongs to check them until they are the color i
    want, remove them and run under water to rinse, place on paper towel to dry and after they are dry I reassemble which is sometimes a little tricky.

Go to Rimfirecentral and search over there. There are several posts on how to do this.

Did you see the red and blue ones i made in another post here?

The stock was just stripped, sanded and then painted with Krylon X-metal paint. You can't tell by the picture but it is metalflake.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The stock was just stripped, sanded and then painted with Krylon X-metal paint. You can't tell by the picture but it is metalflake.

If you are talking about the picture above, I was going to ask if it had iridescent Paint on it. If I had a spare stock, I'd probably have my brother-in-law do something with it. He airbrushes and some of his firearms look gorgeous. He doesn't do it professionally though.

I did just see your colored magazines and some of the beautiful 10/22s you posted here Gorgeous.

I don't know what it's called. I saw one over the weekend. That "thing" that holds the 3 magazines. Does it work well?

Top Bottom