• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nkdninjafrog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Muncie
    couple of months ago for christmas, my girlfriend bought me a few pipes (mostly because we had been watching the classic sherlock holmes and i said it looked pretty classy). well last month bought a small tin of an english blend and decided that i too looked pretty classy with a pipe. i'd like to expand my tastes however, and i know there are some INGOers out there who like to relax with a good pipe :D so please, recommend me some baccy to try!

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    I smoked a pipe when I was much younger (30+ years ago). I liked either a Black Cavendish or a Honey Cavendish. The smokeshops used to either sell small sample pouches of their various pipe tobaccos or some would even let you test a free pipe full. I realize that there are fewer shops around now, and that as a result their business practices may have changed.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    After many years I settled on Amphora aromatic. Then, about 10 yrs ago or so they stopped importing. It was still available on the web and I bought a bulk. I smoke rarely, so it has lasted. To keep it moist, I would add some slivers of apple skin. I liked the flavor of Latakia, but it would give me a headache. I use a Peterson bent (Sherlock-like), but have switched mostly to corn cobs so when I lose them off the boat I don't feel too badly. Besides, they go with my life-style. Guh! Guh! Guh! Guh! Guh! Guh! Guh! Guh!

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    All Day Delight from Randy's @ 38th and Lafayette in Speedway. Grosvenor from Hardwick's in Broadripple is good, if they have it.

You may want to pick up a few corncobs to try out new blends, so that you don't get any "aftertaste" from prior tries. You don't really have to break in a corncob, and they are cheap enough to have a bunch on hand.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Head on down to Carmack's Cigar Store, on the square in downtown Noblesville. They sell about 50 different blends of pipe tobacco. All are sold by the ounce (discounts for full pound). But you would be able to buy 1 ounce of 4-5 different blends that appealed to your sense of smell or that you thought sounded good. I mostly smoke cigars, but they have an excellent pipe following as well.

apfroggy0408

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Franklin
    If anyone can make it to Greenwood (just south of Indy) check out Pipe Puffer Smoke Shop. They make some of their own blends and buy others, I can't remember my favorite but whichever one is their most popular I really enjoy.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    how does this work? do i need a special tool or something to break up the flakes?

You rub it between thumb and finger until broke up sufficiently and then pack. It can be tricky for the first time or two to get it to the right consistency. It isn't really an aromatic (flavored or scented) and it isn't an English.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Good time for this thread, I'm a seasonal pipe smoker. Love my pipe on a lazy summer night. I was just thinking I might light up or the first time this season at some point this weekend.

As far as flavor, i dig captain black. check out the flavor pack. Nice options to try. Captain Black Taster Pack

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Thought I would bring this thread back from the dead. Always used cheap M&M corn pipes & a few old Grabows, but recently made the jump to a Peterson (System / P Lip). Looking for something interesting to poke down it. I usually buy a 2 oz bag of some of the different blends at Briar & Burley here in town, but would love to try something new.

Top Bottom