• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alan robert

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Indiana
    Put a laser on it and call it a day. The laser should help with aiming in the pistol grip only mode. Hard to do a conventional sight/aim and shooting evolution with a pistol grip.

That's comes with having a pistol grip. I assume you bought the pistol grip only for being compact and easier manuverability.

Save your or anyone else's teeth. Ouch! lol

Last edited:

JSeroka

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have a Mossberg 500 pistol grip and I love it. I have done ALOT of after market changes to it, though there was some "special" setups that needed to be done for them to work with each other.

Side Saddle - SHT-003 - Side Saddle Fits Mossberg 500 or 590 or 600 Shotguns Holds Six Shells no Gunsmithing (I need to cut off part of the right side in a diagonal line for a top folding stock to fit correctly.

Top Folding Stock - ATI Universal Top Folding Shotgun Stock SALE (This had to have part of the stock on the left side beveled to accept the area where there side saddle is. If you do this make sure you don't do it where the support is, only need to remove about 3 inches length and 1/2 height so stability is still excellent)

I have on mine a different foregrip with tac rails for a foregrip, can't remember where I ordered it from. But that is the hardest thing to mount at you have to disassemble the shotgun the most to replace that foregrip, but its not to hard. Took me about 10 minutes the first time, and now I can strip it down in under 5.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I could be wrong, but I think that I remember that the shotgun has to have a barrel of at least 18" and an overall length of 31". I could be wrong, but you might want to check this out. That is why I put a pistol gripped buttstock on my 12 gauge with the 18.5" barrel.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I could be wrong, but I think that I remember that the shotgun has to have a barrel of at least 18" and an overall length of 31". I could be wrong, but you might want to check this out. That is why I put a pistol gripped buttstock on my 12 gauge with the 18.5" barrel.

Close, it has to be greater than 26" Per US Code [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]Sec. 921.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1](5) The term "shotgun" means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of an explosive to fire through a smooth bore either a number of ball shot or a single projectile for each single pull of the trigger.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1](6) The term "short-barreled shotgun" means a shotgun having one or more barrels less than eighteen inches in length and any weapon made from a shotgun (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than twenty-six inches.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Also for the OP from US code [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]Sec. 5845.[/SIZE][/FONT]

(e) Any other weapon.:The term "any other weapon" means any weapon or device capable of being concealed on the person from which a shot can be discharged through the energy of an explosive, a pistol or revolver having a barrel with a smooth bore designed or redesigned to fire a fixed shotgun shell, weapons with combination shotgun and rifle barrels 12 inches or more, less than 18 inches in length, from which only a single discharge can be made from either barrel without manual reloading, and shall include any such weapon which may be readily restored to fire.Such term shall not include a pistol or a revolver having a rifled bore, or rifled bores, or weapons designed, made, or intended to be fired from the shoulder and not capable of firing fixed ammunition.
    Barrel is 18" so its open game on dual grips. Unless someone can cite law that says otherwise. But length is key, if its a 18+" barrel and 26+" overall it is legally impossible for the gun for be a SBS or AOW without a hacksaw. AOW or SBS laws only apply if you want to hack the barrel down.

That said I have personally had a dual grip set up, and hated it. Its very unwieldy and difficult to fire. If you want a shootable gun you owe it to your hand to check out the Hogue Tamer grip. Hogue, Inc. | www.getgrip.com | The finest gun grips, rifle stocks and accessories

If im wrong please tell me, but please cite actual law.

JSeroka

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I am pretty accurate with my dual-gripped 12GA, but at the distance I'm shooting with it thats not a problem. It's definitely something you'd go hunting with, but its easy to maneuver indoors and I personally have better control on it from shooting from the hip or higher. Now if your going to hunt with a 12GA, don't get a fore-griip for it, shot it like a rifle

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If I were you I would put a tactical stock on there. You get a pistol grip and adjustable butt stock. You can find them pretty cheap too.

Top Bottom