• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Devin22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    most common is prob. the mossberg 500's you can just get a standard one and throw a pistol grip on it for a few bucks but will prolly have a longer barrel.... you can get like a remington 870 tactical one for about 279? and the used 500's are less than that, if your close to michigan city i have a pistol grip kit you can have!

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    dunhams in muncie has a bunch with pistol grips....mossberg 500's

at least they did i overheard an employee last time i was in there that they shipped out 35 guns for some reason. so there selection is somewhat thin now

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You need one of these new mossbergs...........

cca6ee0a.jpg

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Are you wanting it with pistol grip only, or pistol grip with a stock? I don't know where you are located, but I see them very often all around the Fort Wayne area shops. Good luck with your search.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Practice and do not hold the receiver near your face if you want to keep your teeth. No joke, there is a thread. With pics.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would stick with the Rem 870 if you want to have a Pistol Grip or Pistol Grip/Stock setup. The safety is on the trigger guard. On the mossberg, the safety is on the top/back of the receiver. IMO, this makes the 870 a little more ergonomic.:twocents:

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    My wifes experience with a pistol grip almost resulted in teeth knocked out.She still got a nasty bruise on her lip and her friends thought I hit her & wanted her to go to a battered womens shelter. My personal opinion is to consider a folding stock which gives you more options plus they have a cool factor

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    The Gun Den in Shelbyville has one or two.

Honestly I wouldnt recommend them in ANY situation. They are in fact, pointless and putting yourself at a disadvantage.

Take a gun with the highest recoil your average shooter is likely to experiance, and take the stock off it! wooo!

:)

IN-Hunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2010
    West of Indy
    I echo some of the other's. I don't recommend a pistol grip, especially if you or someone else in your household isn't experienced with the recoil. Buy yourself a decent 12 and maybe put a Knoxx specops stock on it, still tacti-cool.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    If you want a pistol grip shotgun, I would suggest an 870. I like the 500 and that's what I own. However, do too the placement of the safety, I personally think the 870 platform is better suited for a pistol grip. Reason being, is the safety is located on the trigger guard. Where as the safety on the 500 is located on the receiver. Just something to consider.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    You need one of these new mossbergs...........

cca6ee0a.jpg

Meh. Put a Barrett muzzle brake and bayonet on it and I may be interested.

I have a Mossberg 590 that had a pistol grip on it. It was fun to shoot, but I figured I'd rather put the gun on my shoulder in a home defence situation so the pistol grip went away.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I had a Mossberg 500 a few years back that had a pistol grip on the front and back, and held, I think, 9 rounds of 2 3/4". I really liked it, and wish I still had it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a pistol grip shotgun, as long as the person using it knows what to expect, and how to handle it. When I had that gun, it was my main home defense gun. If you are in the Southern end of the state, check out Orion arms, they usually have several in stock.

Top Bottom