• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    put around 130 rounds through it tonight, runs like a champ, trigger is smooth the the stippling rocked in the muggy weather.

yeah.. I'm happy I did it :)

Mr. Gadsden

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    By adding stippling, you're just admitting Glock design is poor and you can't control your own firearm. I gasp in horror watching anyone mutilate their firearm like this.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    By adding stippling, you're just admitting Glock design is poor and you can't control your own firearm. I gasp in horror watching anyone mutilate their firearm like this.
    why? it aint you gun being modded, if it works for him more power to him. would you say the same thing about a gi 1911 if you want to compete with it?

Thrown Hammer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2013
    Northern
    LOL. It's a Glock, not a Rembrandt.

That's like gasping in horror when someone mods a Jeep Wrangler.

I say do what you need to do, so it works better for you.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

Thank you for your brilliant analysis of my acknowledgement of Glock's poor design and lack of abilities....

I am glad we have a fellow INGOer who knows more than Larry Vickers, Ken Hackathorn, Dave Spaulding, Jeff Bloovman, Jay Gibson, Paul Gomez, Rob Pincus and every other nationally recognized firearms instructor across this nation who's modified their their Glocks.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, oh wise one , PLEASE tell me where you teach classes so I can start down the path of being a master of firearms like you...

Last edited:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    His wisdom cannot be taught, it can only be attained. Sorry, but you'll have to live with the realization that he will always be better than you.

As for the Glock, not a Glock fan myself but it turned out nice.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Nice video, Hickman. While I lack the stones to take a Dremel or soldering iron to my G-locks, I wouldn't hesitate to pay some of the artisans who do it for a living. One question though: I have yet to see anyone remove that fugly squared-off front angle on the trigger guard. Other than being signature G-lock, what purpose does it serve? Pardon my ignorance if there's a good reason for having a grooved, flat surface on the front of the trigger guard, but since I don't wrap a finger around the front of the guard, I can't imagine its purpose.

Any reason to NOT remove it, if only for esthetic reasons?

Again, good video. Thanks for sharing!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    got to the range for a bit last night for some drills and testing out the trigger work... I likes :)

Video will be later up tonight.

Interested in seeing that trigger review.

I have hesitated to do anything with the trigger on my Glocks for a couple of reasons, but mainly because I actually love the stock trigger reset. That said, it may be one of those things I never knew I was missing until I try it.

Were you mainly going for a lighter triger, less over travel or something else?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I gasp in horror watching anyone mutilate their firearm like this.

You should have been around when I clamped my $2500 STI 2011 open gun into a drill press.... :) (as well as stippled the grip)
    Taking a soldering iron to a glock just doesn't seem like a big deal any more. :abused:

My mind is always boggled by folks who wax poetic about the differences in factory glock grip texture, like any of it gives any useful grip from the factory. Variations in banana peel levels of traction... I don't see how anyone shoots a glock w/o stippling it.... I guess "not well" is the answer. :laugh:

you gotta grip it to rip it! :shoot:

-rvb

Last edited:

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    I hate you, you are putting ideas into my head. I don't like the way stippling looks, but I didn't like the way Glocks looked until recently. Is stippling easier on your hands? The stock pattern on the gen 4 is sharp and uncomfortable. I think... No, leave the Dremel alone, do more research. Boy are you a bad influence, but so are most of the people here, because now I think I need more guns.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    One question though: I have yet to see anyone remove that fugly squared-off front angle on the trigger guard.

I've seen many people round it off, check this video:

[video=youtube_share;D1OwyO3E8g0]http://youtu.be/D1OwyO3E8g0[/video]

Other than being signature G-lock, what purpose does it serve?

I've seen people train to use that as a striking surface. I left mine alone because I'll be mounting an APL light there shortly.

Top Bottom