• ...and so much more!
  • balorg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Bloomington
    Hello fellow INGO members!

I was searching for news on the internet this afternoon and I ran across this news story of a Pastor who caught two teenagers breaking into his church after services. It looks like these teenagers picked the wrong church to rob. :)

Link: Pistol Packing Pastor

Last edited:

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Hello fellow INGO members!

I was searching for news on the internet this afternoon and I ran across this news story of a Pastor who caught two teenagers breaking into his church after services. It looks like these teenagers picked the wrong church to rob. :)

Link: Pistol Packing Pastor

I know of several churches, local, whom have pistol packing members, and ministers. In the eyes of the criminal, what better place to knock off, than a bunch of peace loving people, or a church just after it's collected the weekly giving. These people are just prepared, well trained, and well armed.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    picture.php

:rockwoot:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I would hate to see what would happen if someone were to try to rob our church. I'm the pastor, and I'm always carrying. Not to mention there are at least 4 others in the congregation who carry as well. I would say that a criminal wouldn't make it 10 steps down the center aisle. :draw:

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I would hate to see what would happen if someone were to try to rob our church. I'm the pastor, and I'm always carrying. Not to mention there are at least 4 others in the congregation who carry as well. I would say that a criminal wouldn't make it 10 steps down the center aisle. :draw:

Sounds like the churches here in Morgan County..... :ar15:

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    We're getting ready to change congregations here and I had a meeting with the minister/elder. One of my last questions was about carrying while at church (I OC all the time and just wear a jacket at church). To summarize his answer.......if you see someone doing something that you believe needs to be stopped quickly, if you are in the middle of the church, you might want to fire from a crouch. Because there are at least 4 others of us here that carry and they may be behind you noticing the same thing!!!!

God Bless America!!!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'd have a right hard time drawing/firing at someone who's walking out with the collection plate...

*provided, of course, I were legally allowed to have a firearm on my church's property.

-J-

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    The pastor had a very cool head. It seemed from the news report he was going to shoot only as an absolutely last resort, not just when he would have been legally justified.

When the teen put his hand in is pocket and said that he had a gun (in an attempt to bluff the pastor?!?), it got very risky, and the pastor still gave him a chance. I take back what I said about the pastor having a cool head-he's got balls of steel!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

Yep, same here.

Trevlan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Franklin Township
    Men of God are exempt from deadly force? Even God himself has brought out the big guns in times of need. I don't see anything wrong with clergy packing. They are men of God (and I use the term Men meaning both men and women) and are considered easy prey, because thugs automatically assume they will just turn the other cheek.

This is what I think, and I hope I have more success with this 'radical' idea, than my last. I think all teachers should carry concealed. And by 'teachers', this includes anyone who instructs you, such as a professor, priest, etc. With the purpose of defending themselves and their students.

Top Bottom