• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • weazer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2014
    Edgerton
    Does anyone know of somewhat local shops around Fort Wayne that has any powder for 9mm? I woudl like some 231 or similar, but not too picky now. I have my new 650 set up, brass, primers, bullets, but no powder, lol. If anyone has any leads I'm interested. I'm gonna hit up the 1500, but I didnt want to wait that long.

Thanks,
    Matt

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    You will have to be specific for what you want, but Tomlinsons in Churubusco is about the only place.

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Can one really afford to be picky given the current market?

Absolutely. I absolutely REFUSE to pay $200 for an 8 pound jug of powder or 40 plus dollars for a thousand primers. I check the online stores every day several times a day. I just ordered 16 pounds of powder and 4 thousand primers for $425 shipped to my door. The panic is about over. Everything is returning slowly. DON'T pay the outrageous prices and wait for a deal. If everyone stops paying the prices will drop. IT's the same thing with ammo now, it's available if you look for it. I personally hope that the gougers who have been buying up everything in sight to mark it up to double their cost all catch herpes or something.

weazer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2014
    Edgerton
    Thanks for the heads up, I stopped into Tomlinsons on Sat and they had some powder. Atleast, I can get started now, thier prices wern't crazy either.

weazer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2014
    Edgerton
    For those of you who PM'd me, I can't return them due to post count.

They had HS-6 in 1# and 8#, Blue dot, and E3. I know on other forums the E3 works well for 9mm. I can't remember what for rifle powder they had, but seemed like a decent selection. They didn't have any of the mainstream stuff like win 231, hp-38, VV N320, etc.

Hope this helps

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Yep; Tomlinson's is about the only place in NE Indiana with any reloading products and does a great job of keeping a reasonable selection in a market that makes it very difficult.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Whan's in Avilla has some powder. But I am a big fan of Tomlinson's. They are the only place around that has Number 10 percussion caps. Everybody has 11's but 11 is too big for percussion revolvers.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Tomlinsons in Churubusco is about the only place.

I stopped into Tomlinsons on Sat and they had some powder.

Yep; Tomlinson's is about the only place in NE Indiana

I am a big fan of Tomlinson's.

stopped in on Sat based thanks to this thread. I hadn't been to that shop before, even though it's pretty close to me. Picked up a couple lbs of Varget for my dad; that made his day.

Liked the shop. Staff seemed very friendly and eager to help. They had a good selection of stuff, even in these lean times. I'll be back.
    Next time you're in, say howdy. :wavey:

I didn't see this before I went in... next time I'll introduce myself!

-rvb

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Whan's in Avilla has some powder. But I am a big fan of Tomlinson's. They are the only place around that has Number 10 percussion caps. Everybody has 11's but 11 is too big for percussion revolvers.

If you look, you can find nipples that accept the #11 caps. I ran into that problem when I first started shooting percussion revolvers, found some replacement nipples at Cabellas that fit #11s insead of having to search all over for #10s.

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    Tomlinson's has the most powder on the shelf, but is severely lacking in their bullet selection. Never figured out why they carry half a wall of powders yet no bulk bullets?

Hillside carries powder, primers, and bullets. Not as much powder as Tomlinson's, but they carry a LOT more bullets.

Indiana precision shooting Supply on Tonkel Road carries reloading supplies as well. Very nice guys. Don't confuse them with the gun shop next door.

21st Century down in Bluffton has a decent amount of powders and components as well.

Whans has a shelf of powders and usually has about ten pounds in at a time of varying brands. (Not much)

K&T guns in New Haven has a meager selection, but worth noting.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Tomlinson's has the most powder on the shelf, but is severely lacking in their bullet selection. Never figured out why they carry half a wall of powders yet no bulk bullets?
    I'm sure if it's available, Denny will try to get in (and keep stocked) whatever it is you're using. He's good about that.
    So instead of trying to figure anything out...just give him a call some afternoon/evening and tell him what you'd like.
    693-2830

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo

Hillside carries powder, primers, and bullets. Not as much powder as Tomlinson's, but they carry a LOT more bullets.

Indiana precision shooting Supply on Tonkel Road carries reloading supplies as well. Very nice guys. Don't confuse them with the gun shop next door.

21st Century down in Bluffton has a decent amount of powders and components as well.

Whans has a shelf of powders and usually has about ten pounds in at a time of varying brands. (Not much)

K&T guns in New Haven has a meager selection, but worth noting.

From personal experience, I can tell you all I care about finding locally is the items that ordering will result in a 30$ hasmat fee. Tomlinsons is great for finding most of that :)

Top Bottom