• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • natetheace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Decatur, IN
    I have been looking for pistol powder for about a week now, and haven't found any! I'm in the Fort Wayne area. Any suggestions or secret stashes?
    I'm looking for powder for 147 gr. 9mm.

Thanks

lizerdking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Almost on lake Mich
    A whole week? :laugh:

I take it you haven't been looking at the market much longer than that either... Not to be a debbie downer, but good luck. I finally found a pound of unique after looking for the past 6 months, I was at a store that already has a good amount of powder and bought a new revolver. I asked when the last time they saw it was and they went down to the basement to get me a can. The good stuff must be for regulars and people spending money. Keep looking.... It'll turn up eventually. Also gun shows, get there early, but usually someone has as stash that they have up for sale...

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    I have been wanting to get into reloading 9mm since January of 2014. Plenty of close misses but I haven't laid eyes on pistol powder in an entire year of waiting. Pistol powder and .22 shortages seem to be lingering on longer than they should but I don't know what to do except wait for the demand to ease. I am beginning to wonder if the powder manufacturers have ceased producing pistol powder and turned their time and resources to other areas until they can catch up. :dunno:

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    I found some Power Pistol at Hillside Shooting Sports near Roanoke a few months ago. Just stopped in one day and there it was. Might give them a call or go in and see. It's not very far from Fort Wayne and the powder situation has improved at least a little in the past few months.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I have been looking for pistol powder for about a week now, and haven't found any! I'm in the Fort Wayne area. Any suggestions or secret stashes?

Thanks

I just bought four pounds of Win 231 at Profire ( an Indy reloading store for non-locals ). I am on their email list and I got an email Wednesday letting me know they had gotten a powder shipment in. Mostly pistol powder. Rifle powder(s) are expected to follow at week's end or the first of next week.

Finding powder, as most reloaders know, is problematic. At the 1500 this month a friend told me he saw an 8 pound jug of Red Dot priced at $240. He queried the vendor who was said to reply "If you can find it somewhere else buy it."

My retirement was planned for this year so I stocked up before the shortages began. I was just lucky that I did stockpile powder and primers. I know many of my shooting friends are on a constant vigil for components.

Good luck with your search.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana

Thanks

I just bought four pounds of Win 231 at Profire ( an Indy reloading store for non-locals ). I am on their email list and I got an email Wednesday letting me know they had gotten a powder shipment in. I Mostly pistol powder. Rifle powder(s) are expected to follow at week's end or the first of next week.

Finding powder, as most reloaders know, is problematic. At the 1500 this month a friend told me he saw an 8 pound jug of Red Dot priced at $240. He queried the vendor who was said to reply "If you can find it somewhere else buy it."

My retirement was planned for this year so I stocked up before the shortages began. I was just lucky that I did stockpile powder and primers. I know many of my shooting friends are on a constant vigil for components.

Good luck with your search.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Just keep looking, you'll find some. Ut seems that most people have luck with Profire or Indy Gun Club which I believe is in Avon. Good luck

Indy (Indiana) Gun Club is in Fortville,,In. Actually about 5-6 miles (my estimate) east of I-69 on 116th St and just east of Olio Road. Profire is in Avon.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I used up my stash and haven't looked for powder in 3 yrs. I wasn't prepared for this.

Thanks for the tip!

Good thing you didn't start looking a year ago because you wouldn't have found squat.
    Go to Tomlinsons in Churubusco. they have lots. Saw Winchester 231 there a couple days ago.

Which powder were you looking for??

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    The way W231 has dried up I thought they quit making it. What were RTS prices like? I've been getting e-mails from Reloaders.com for powder @ $40.00/lb :n00b:

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Try these local gun shows. I was at the greenfield gun show today and found Win231 for 25 and Titegroup for 26 and both vendors had multiple pounds of each. Primers were a little expensive though at 40 per 1000 for winchester smalls

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    The way W231 has dried up I thought they quit making it. What were RTS prices like? I've been getting e-mails from Reloaders.com for powder @ $40.00/lb :n00b:

Went to a gun show in Evansville today. They still had 8lb jugs of titegroup (180, tax included) & some HS6 & I think a couple other pistol powders on the last day of the show. Prices were higher than before the crunch but not crazy, WW pistol primers were 30/1000.
    Bought 4 lb of power pistol at a local store last week for 22/lb.
    Seems like progress.

perminator

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    east side indy
    i picked up an 8lb jug of hp38 at the 1500 for 180 a few guys i talked to at different reloading shops there said pistol powder is starting to ship in quantity again so hopefully they were right and well start seeing it on store shelves again soon.

Top Bottom