Pistol Stolen, Returned, Now police have it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dw357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    A couple months ago I had my pistol stolen out of a buddy's truck. It was gone for a few weeks and then it was returned in a walmart bag on his porch. The police took my pistol with them to run tests on it in the state police lab. They have had my gun for over a month now. Should I start pushing a little harder to get it back?

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    That's freaky.... The criminals know where your buddy live, there no such thing as a one time criminal.

It will take a couple of months I had a buddy who went through the same thing. I would inquire to the lenght they will hold your firearm if they say 2mo wait 2mo if it goes 1day over the time they said, contact a lawyer.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    That's freaky.... The criminals know where your buddy live, there no such thing as a one time criminal.

You sure your buddy didn't just misplace it? Lot of questions come to mind, more details are needed but to have it show up on your buddy's porch in a wall mart bag? Was you with him when it mysteriously appreared on the porch?

dw357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    When it was returned the senior officer said it could take anywhere from 4 to 6 months. I had the pistol that was returned and my customized 10/22 stolen out of a truck parked in my buddy's driveway. He left them in his truck after working in the woods all afternoon. Neither of them were in plain sight. Whoever stole them must have seen him put them in his truck in the afternoon and waited until he left to eat with family. He was gone for like 3 hours or something like that. I know it's a small chance, but if anyone sees/hears of a 10/22 with a tactical solutions barrel and olive blackhawk stock it would be awesome to know.

dw357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    The police suspected a guy who lives across the street from my buddy. They've had trouble with him before I guess. I completely trust my friend or else I wouldn't store my things with him. I let him use them because I know he takes care of them. He felt so bad about it he was going to but his new bowtech destroyer on ebay that night to pay me back but I wouldn't let him because he feeds his family with the deer he gets.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    So 2 guns are stolen at the same time and then 1 is brought back via a walmart bag on the porch. Thats just weird, good luck on getting your gun back.

Buzzman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    WOW

Never had anyone want to use or borrow a gun,I would have to ask why?
    Whats the legal issues?
    :twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    A couple months ago I had my pistol stolen out of a buddy's truck. It was gone for a few weeks and then it was returned in a walmart bag on his porch. The police took my pistol with them to run tests on it in the state police lab. They have had my gun for over a month now. Should I start pushing a little harder to get it back?

At least you know where it's at. I have a Sig P6 that was recovered from some drug dealers down in Georgia. I to am waiting for them to do whatever they need to do.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    At least you know where it's at. I have a Sig P6 that was recovered from some drug dealers down in Georgia. I to am waiting for them to do whatever they need to do.

I thought that gun was returned? I didn't know the police was still holding it. It's been a while now, but I hope you get it back, soon.

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    YES you should push for it's return. They will make you jump through all kinds of hoops. It will not be a simple phone call to the post. They are doing ballistic tests on your pistol to see if it matches to any crimes it may have been used in. So they will fire, and keep all the data collected from the testing for future use. Who ever told you 4 to 6 months is full of it.

mjones

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    McCordsville
    keep on their #ss when i got mine stolen i had to go to indianapolis where it was found after a hour and a half they said it had been released to my home county i called the department and said i was on the way to pick up my gun. I get a call back from the sheriff he says " I was going to call you today to tell you to pick up your gun, been sitting on my desk for a few weeks now" so when i picked up my pistol the sheriff hands it over never check my id or anything and said here you go have a good day

Top Bottom