• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    I’ve heard quite a few people say the Caniks are the best out of the box striker trigger going now.

I have some Sig P320’s that I really like the trigger on, but for da/sa the CZ can’t be beat after cajonizing.

Rent or find friends to try them out.
    I prefer hammer fired pistols but own/have owned a lot of striker fired pistols as well. The trigger on the Canik Elite Combat is, hands down, the best factory trigger I’ve ever felt on a striker fired pistol. Takeup is very smooth with a noticeable wall, but the break is clean and light. It also has a very short reset.

I definitely agree on the DA/SA cajonized CZs. I ordered my PCR directly from CGW and they do amazing work. I got the carry configuration and the SA pull is 3 lbs 11ozs with a 7 lb 10oz DA pull. The reset is 3.5mm.

I know the consensus is that 1911s have the best triggers, but the best I’ve ever felt is on a 1977 Browning BDA .45 (P220). To provide some context, my second favorite is the Nighthawk trigger AllenM put into my 70 series Combat Commander. Being a DA/SA firearm, it naturally has some takeup, but the break and weight are cleaner/lighter than any 1911 I’ve owned or fired.

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    I've got a Canik Tp9sfx and it has the best trigger pull on any semi that I have shot, after that would my Shield Plus 9mm for striker fired. As far as wheel guns, nothing I've ever shot can beat my Dan Wesson 15-2 or Dan Wesson .44 mag

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Of the 10 or so 9mms I've owned through the years the Smith Shields have a very good trigger for a striker fired gun especially for the price. Shield Plus is is my favorite of my current 9mm triggers.

Never had a chance to fire a 9mm with a truly remarkable trigger. A guy at the range let me dry fire his TS series CZ single action and the pull was so good I asked if he had it worked on and he said that's the way it came.

Only 9mm I had trigger changed was my Glock 34 Gen 5 and while the trigger is probably 3lbs or so it as about as crisp as a wet noodle.

My only DA/SA 9mm is a US made 2022 Sig P226 Elite , amazing trigger! Amazing that a trigger can be so bad for a gun in this price range. A very mushy creepy SA and a very gritty feeling at the start of the DA as the hammer spring is being compressed. My 2007 P220 (45 auto) is far and away better and my old 1990s German P220 had a fantastic trigger.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I grew up w Smith and Colt revolvers, worked over 1911's and other.
    Good triggers.

And after all that time...............I don't mind a striker fired gun's trigger.
    Some are better than others though.

Example: I like the striker fired HK VP9 trigger better than the DA/SA of the P30.

My P365 is bone stock and just fine.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Of the 10 or so 9mms I've owned through the years the Smith Shields have a very good trigger for a striker fired gun especially for the price. Shield Plus is is my favorite of my current 9mm triggers.

Never had a chance to fire a 9mm with a truly remarkable trigger. A guy at the range let me dry fire his TS series CZ single action and the pull was so good I asked if he had it worked on and he said that's the way it came.

Only 9mm I had trigger changed was my Glock 34 Gen 5 and while the trigger is probably 3lbs or so it as about as crisp as a wet noodle.

My only DA/SA 9mm is a US made 2022 Sig P226 Elite , amazing trigger! Amazing that a trigger can be so bad for a gun in this price range. A very mushy creepy SA and a very gritty feeling at the start of the DA as the hammer spring is being compressed. My 2007 P220 (45 auto) is far and away better and my old 1990s German P220 had a fantastic trigger.
    Did the Elite come with the Short Reset installed?

Ive done most of the 22 Series we have, I will say its $50.00 well spent each time.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I try not to be so specialized in my pistol triggers, that I couldn't pick up a duplicate pistol and run it well, OEM same day.

Same said with going to a really high dollar pistol. If I had to replace it immediately, could that happen flawlessly?

:dunno:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I try not to be so specialized in my pistol triggers, that I couldn't pick up a duplicate pistol and run it well, OEM same day.

Same said with going to a really high dollar pistol. If I had to replace it immediately, could that happen flawlessly?

:dunno:
    Other than paper only firearms, my sons and myself tend to fall into that thought ourselfs.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Did the Elite come with the Short Reset installed?

Ive done most of the 22 Series we have, I will say its $50.00 well spent each time.
    Yeah , SRT is the last item listed in the feature list on the box label. My P226 trigger really sours the shooting experience , pistol is excellent most every other area. I see why Grayguns and The SIG Armorer are in business.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Yeah , SRT is the last item listed in the feature list on the box label. My P226 trigger really sours the shooting experience , pistol is excellent most every other area. I see why Grayguns and The SIG Armorer are in business.
    Thanks, I wondered. Its a huge plus to install in our household.
    I was surprized that the MK 25's didnt come with that installed.

My first 226 is a Tysons Corner import pistol, ive owned it since it was new.
    It's been back for rebuild and springs a few times in its life with me.
    That pistols single and double is just unbelievable.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Thanks, I wondered. Its a huge plus to install in our household.
    I was surprized that the MK 25's didnt come with that installed.

My first 226 is a Tysons Corner import pistol, ive owned it since it was new.
    It's been back for rebuild and springs a few times in its life with me.
    That pistols single and double is just unbelievable.
    Is it a Lysons Corner? You are lucky to have had it since new! There is one I saw on gunbroker at an astronomical price! I saw an old German P226 at Muncie Guns that I almost bought , the trigger was significantly better than the 2022 model I have.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Is it a Lysons Corner? You are lucky to have had it since new! There is one I saw on gunbroker at an astronomical price! I saw an old German P226 at Muncie Guns that I almost bought , the trigger was significantly better than the 2022 model I have.
    No I don't believe its a Lysons, I will pull it out tomorrow when im at the shop.
    It was an issue pistol an I had to have payroll deductions to pay for the two that we were issued.
    I have both still, years later I gave my father one and I kept the other.
    Now my Thing 1 has one and I still have the one I carried for well over 30 years.

Edit, I went and took a few pics.
    My book says I picked them up the summer of 87. Its stamped Tysons, The book also says I picked them up at the newer Herdon, VA Facility.
    It has scolloped rails like so many back then.
    20230707_170342.jpg

20230707_170420.jpg

Last edited:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I own revolvers and most have good triggers . I'm thinking about buying a 9mm and would like opinions on which one has the best trigger . Does striker fired pistols generally have less "slop" than hammer pistols ? Thanks in advance
    What is it in particular you like about revolver triggers? I'd assume it is the crispness of the single action pull? If so, it will probably take a decent 1911 or CZ trigger to match that. If it is the double action pull of revolvers that you like, then the Sig P250 trigger is like a DAO revolver only better.

As for striker fired pistol triggers, of those I've shot I'd rank the M&P 2.0 and the Shield a virtually indistinguishable 1 and 2, with a clear second tier of the PDP, Canik, and P320 in that order, then the XDM, and finally Glock in last place. That said, triggers can vary from pistol to pistol and preference varies person to person.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    No I don't believe its a Lysons, I will pull it out tomorrow when im at the shop.
    It was an issue pistol an I had to have payroll deductions to pay for the two that we were issued.
    I have both still, years later I gave my father one and I kept the other.
    Now my Thing 1 has one and I still have the one I carried for well over 30 years.

Edit, I went and took a few pics.
    My book says I picked them up the summer of 87. Its stamped Tysons, The book also says I picked them up at the newer Herdon, VA Facility.
    It has scolloped rails like so many back then.
    Ahh , thanks for posting , was wondering as the one on gunbroker is listed as Lysons Corner and is stamped as Lysons Corner as well. Looking back at the listing it is a factory error.
    11 226 lysons.jpg

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Ahh , thanks for posting , was wondering as the one on gunbroker is listed as Lysons Corner and is stamped as Lysons Corner as well. Looking back at the listing it is a factory error.
    View attachment 285835
    My understanding is the factory had about 700 that were roll stamped incorrectly and they caught all but 70 + - of them. I really dont believe they are worth any extra money.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    My understanding is the factory had about 700 that were roll stamped incorrectly and they caught all but 70 + - of them. I really dont believe they are worth any extra money.
    They’re kind of like misprinted coins. Not really “worth” any extra money, but they sell for quite a bit more. It’s actually kind of ironic because of my four P220s, the Tyson’s Corner has the worst trigger.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    They’re kind of like misprinted coins. Not really “worth” any extra money, but they sell for quite a bit more. It’s actually kind of ironic because of my four P220s, the Tyson’s Corner has the worst trigger.
    Interesting, myself I have never seen any sell for really any extra money. Could be, I just have never seen it happen, nor have I ever been looking.
    Whats really funny as much as a Sig guy I am, I have never shot or owned a 220 pistol.
    Long ago I passed up a 220-9 in Crackshots parking lot for a few hundred bucks. That was a mistake.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'd recommend the humble beretta 92 with the main spring swapped to the D spring, and the elite hammer.

If the grips are too big, pick up wilson slim grips. If that's still too much trigger reach, put in a wilson steel trigger. Honestly my favorite of the DA/SA handguns and I've had about all of them.

5c8HErK.jpg

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    9mm on a 1911 chassis can have excellent triggers. Although Fewer people do the work, the Browning High Power 9mm can have an excellent trigger. I am told there are some people who have worked out great triggers on the original CZ 9mm. I have fired more than a few poly pistols, even ones with improvement kits installed, and not found them as good as triggers that were made from precision machined bits of high carbon steel.

We all base opinions on personal preferences.
    Finely machined triggers are the best, hands down. Short of a custom trigger, a 1911 trigger is probably the best you will find.
    That being said, you can find triggers out there that 'improve' a pistol's OEM trigger, but nothing will be 'perfect'...
    On a carry pistol, I don't want an 'ultra-smooth/soft' trigger without a felt 'break-wall' on it...I want to feel that 'wall' when I'm shooting... feel it crisp and clear! For example, on a Glock, I do NOT like the Ghost 3.5# trigger bar...is has no felt 'wall' when shooting.

Reactions: Leo
    Top Bottom