• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I love the hell out of my SBR. It's my favorite gun. I much prefer the real stock, but federal laws suck... and I can't travel out of state with it unless I ask permission first. Some states... it's gonna be a no regardless... I also like the fact that a "pistol" falls under handgun laws, both in this state, and elsewhere. I, therefore, have both an 11.3" SBR, and a 10.5" pistol.

The SBR never leaves the state... It seldom leaves the house being more of a Home defense gun.

77hUftZ.jpg

The pistol goes with. It's a compact traveling companion. Can't tell in the photo, but it also has the Law tactical folder, so it travels well.

VTdJYtt.jpg

kashrack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2019
    Hamilton co
    After reading your first post, I would suggest the pistol route. Pistols are less headaches and less cost than the sbr route, without almost zero trade offs. That said, if you want an sbr go for it. IMHO 10.3/10.5" < 11.5" for 5.56

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    I am finally diving into the SBR world tomorrow and can’t wait! Transforming my CZ scorpion and mt CMMG mk45 pistols into SBRs. Been in the suppressor world for awhile so why not join the SBR world. I like how it can all be done electronically and take lot less time vs suppressors.

Alan-Richards

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2019
    Lafayette
    Went to LGS and picked up a PSA AR9 10.5inch pistol with a brace. I was able to take it home that day without having to pay any tax stamps or any other unconstitutional BS. If I want to sell the gun privately, assuming no laws change, I can without any government hassle. With as good as SB braces are I see no point in an SBR aside from historical reproduction guns. I enjoy not paying unconstitutional taxes when I don’t have to.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Neither. Build a "firearm" just over 26" and put a VFG on it with a pistol brace. Pretty sure a 12.5" bbl gets you there.

The only thing I'm hung up on is whether to stick with 5.56 for such a gun or jump to 300BO or a Grendel. So far, there's a compelling case for a Grendel "firearm".

Top Bottom