• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, you could probably carry a gun in one of those, but it doesn't look like you could get it into action very quickly.
    I wouldn't necessarily dissuade you from carrying a gun, but I think I'd recommend a pepper spray for dog. You can pick up "Halt" for about $6.95 at bicycle shops; it has worked on dogs for me.

Doug

Nizidramaniiyt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    West Lafayette, IN
    Well, you could probably carry a gun in one of those, but it doesn't look like you could get it into action very quickly.
    I wouldn't necessarily dissuade you from carrying a gun, but I think I'd recommend a pepper spray for dog. You can pick up "Halt" for about $6.95 at bicycle shops; it has worked on dogs for me.

Doug

I already carry pepper spray and have used it a couple times, but you have got to see the size of the dog that chased me down yesterday! I swear it was like a goat crossed with a T-rex. I've also been chased by a local coyote and I didn't feel that pepper spray was enough then (sprinting towards civilization was enough).

A slow draw would be alright because I can usually see or hear them coming well before they become a threat.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Pistol Wear said:
    The weapon & extra clip are completely enclosed in pouches and do not touch skin
    Never trust a product that can't use industry standard terminology.

Aside from that, for $35, I'll pass. There are a ton of options in that price range that will be just as comfortable and will do a much better job of holding your weapon. If you follow the advice of some of the other posters and pick up something a bit bigger than a .22, having a carry rig for other times would beat having a giant sweatband.

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    I do a lot of running around the countryside and would like to carry a small dog-defense 22 pistol while I'm doing it.

These holsters made by Pistol Wear look promising. Does anyone have experience with their models?

Pistol Wear - Holsters for Concealed Handguns

My major concerns are:
    1. Chafing
    2. Swinging weight
    3. Sweat

Mag is on the wrong side it seems and the pistol is not held in an easy to draw position.

Have you considered a SmartCarry or a belly band?

Uncle mikes makes a universal belt slide holster that might be of interest to you. Uncle Mike's - Side Bet & Baby Bet Belt Slide Holsters

I have used a fanny pack at times too.

Buckaroo

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    If you are only looking to carry something small look into a clip type system. Clip the gun to your waist band and take off.

Kel-Tec - Store

Also ask yourself if a .22 will stop this puppy
    Mastiff.jpg

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I would disagree. You have several options instead of shootings dogs. Seems like you just want an excuse to shoot animals.

If a dog or any 4 legged animal (that can harm me) is coming after me in an agressive manner it will get a .45 HP period. If I can get out of the are or to a place that they can not get to me then I will do that first.......

If I have to take action though I am not going to trust some spray....... for all I know it will not work or the animal will come back later.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I would disagree. You have several options instead of shootings dogs. Seems like you just want an excuse to shoot animals.

It seems to ME that you're ignorant of the real world and the damage that a vicious dog (or dogs) can do to a human in short order.

Yes, there are indeed non-lethal methods that can be used. They work.

But I stand 100% by my original statement.

Some dogs need shootin'.

If YOU don't wish to carry a firearm for your self-defense against 4-legged animals, then YOU don't have to. And YOU'RE under obligation to use your firearm on a 4-legged animal if you DO carry a firearm.

Not all of us are locked away in Hippie Ripple.

-J-

150 Man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Pistol Wear holsters

I do a lot of running around the countryside and would like to carry a small dog-defense 22 pistol while I'm doing it.

These holsters made by Pistol Wear look promising. Does anyone have experience with their models?

Pistol Wear - Holsters for Concealed Handguns

My major concerns are:
    1. Chafing
    2. Swinging weight
    3. Sweat

I picked up a PT-One a few months back for use with running. It works great, does not bounce and it is very comfortable. It is now my primary carry holster.

There is no chafing because the holster is lined on the backside with a smooth material. Generally the sweat barrier is good. The only way I have found that sweat gets to the gun is if you sweat profusely and it "wicks" its way along the fabric and then down into the pouch. That really is not a problem. Also, the holster can be washed if it needs it. The holster draw works well and you have some flexibility on how you would do that.

I do recommend it. Probably the best for running that there is. For the price it would be hard to beat.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Any dog I feel the need to shoot will get something more potent than a .22.

No; I don't enjoy shooting dogs, or any other living creature for that matter. I don't even hunt.

BUT; I will protect myself from anything attacking me, be it a dog or something else.

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    It seems to ME that you're ignorant of the real world and the damage that a vicious dog (or dogs) can do to a human in short order.

Yes, there are indeed non-lethal methods that can be used. They work.

But I stand 100% by my original statement.

Some dogs need shootin'.

If YOU don't wish to carry a firearm for your self-defense against 4-legged animals, then YOU don't have to. And YOU'RE under obligation to use your firearm on a 4-legged animal if you DO carry a firearm.

Not all of us are locked away in Hippie Ripple.

-J-
    I would rep you again ,but management won't let me.

Top Bottom