• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Lost in a tragic boating accident years ago.

boats.jpg

Also...P365

:)

Eagle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Greenwood
    Let me know how you like them. I'm looking at the Magguts brand of extender.

Very happy with them. Ran 70 rounds through the 2 extended mags today, they worked great. I think they may be a bit long to carry in the gun, depends on attire etc, but they’ll work great on the other hip as spares.

The aluminum extensions are more expensive and usually only hold +1, so these X-Tech Tactical extenders were right for me.

Mole

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2020
    Washington
    Not necessarily a good idea, but I've been carrying my 5.5" vaquero in an owb azula holster when I've been tromping around this winter. Something something don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys.
    For more practical use I've been carrying a Beretta PX4 storm compact but its having safety problems so I picked up a p365xl. Only a hundred rounds through it so far. Has anybody put Talon grips on their p365 or p365xl? It's kinda jumpy in my dry winter hands.
    YuoY4TT.jpg

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have tried them all and I think that for size, weight & capacity, it is really hard to beat the P365XL. I really wanted it to be the G48 with Shield 15 mags. But those mags rattle too much for me. So, I am back to the P365XL and I am very happy.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Another vote for the Shield. I've tried lots of others over the years. One I liked a lot was a J-Frame 640. Others have included an HK P30SK (chunky), Springfield XD-s, Ruger SR9C (this one carried surprisingly well), G26 (another chunky one), Ruger SR1911 Officer (carried very nicely!), and others I'm probably forgetting. But the one I've carried the longest, shoots great and feels just right is my Performance Center Shield in 9mm.

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    What’s the preferred Pistol around here for concealed carry$

If you asked 100 people this question, you would probably get 75-90+ different answers...because there's so many different options out there.
    My favorite EDC is a Glock 36 in .45 acp...
    And, for a simple run out to a store, I'll toss a S&W 5-shot .38 special into a pocket-n-go...
    To each their own...it's what one is comfortable with that matters!

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    ... I picked up a p365xl. Only a hundred rounds through it so far. Has anybody put Talon grips on their p365 or p365xl? It's kinda jumpy in my dry winter hands.
    Yeah, my P365 was the first gun I got Talon grips for and since then I slap em on almost every handgun. Even though the Talon grip texture wears out eventually, the rubber material still has that little bit of tackiness to it, which feels stickier (better) than the factory grip texture in my hands. For me, its worth the twenty bucks or so

Also, to answer OP's question: If I'm wearing a belt I prefer to carry a CZ P-07
    If i'm not wearing a belt I prefer to carry a Glock 43 in a holster with Ulticlips which very securely attach the holster to your waistband (sweatpants, basketball shorts, etc)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If you asked 100 people this question, you would probably get 75-90+ different answers...because there's so many different options out there.

To each their own...it's what one is comfortable with that matters!

This is so true. We all own what we own because that is our preference. At least it should be. In my case, I ran through quite a few handguns before I settled on my "preferred". At one point I thought I didn't want my Shield anymore, so I sold it, only to realize I made a mistake and ended up buying another one.

The redeeming feature of that was that the second time around I got the 2.0 and no safety. I would not have sold the 1.0 w/safety to get this so it all worked out.

The Hellcat and P365 came along after I was on my second Shield. I considered the P365 for a minute and I might even like it better than my Shield, but when I run the financials, it doesn't add up for me to make the change.

My Shield has been flawless through a lot of rounds, probably more than 80% of the sub compact pistols people own, so I'll stick with it.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Any .38 or .357 revolver. Heck, any revolver for me honestly but those are my preferred calibers.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    G19 is my choice. Sometimes a Rem 380, in the pocket of my outer jacket. My J Frame 442 became my Wifeys nightstand piece. Winter is easier to conceal with an untucked flannel shirt, or a vest over the shirt. Summer is cargo shorts and oversized Tshirt and pocket crry is also common. Good luck.

Top Bottom