• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I noticed on the schedule for the home range - Ramseur, NC, that Appleseed is hositng some pistolseeds. Does anyone know the story on these events? What the course of fire is? Are they revolver friendly or auto-oriented?

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    They are an experiment only. There are several things that need to be ironed out before they became a standard offering so I would not hold my breath on seeing one soon. I would not hold my breath that they will ever be offered at all.

YHJ

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    They are an experiment only. There are several things that need to be ironed out before they became a standard offering so I would not hold my breath on seeing one soon. I would not hold my breath that they will ever be offered at all.

YHJ

I figured they were experimental from the listing. Any info on the questions I asked about? I have a son who lives ~ an hour away from there and thinking of combining a family visit with an appleseed sometime. These pistolseeds might be just the trick as they are one-day and if they are limited...

Kedric

Master
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I think pistolseeds are a long overdo and high value addition to what appleseed already offers.
    True, might not be able to include as much history, but I think addressing pistol marksmanship is a good thing.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I think pistolseeds are a long overdo and high value addition to what appleseed already offers.
    True, might not be able to include as much history, but I think addressing pistol marksmanship is a good thing.

I agree with you completely, Kedric. I have learned a lot from attending a couple of Appleseeds and will learn more at the next one I attend. I'm a much better rifle shooter now!

I'd love to see a similar program for handguns. I'm sure I, and others, would benefit from it.

My guess is that the Appleseed organization pretty much has its hands full with the rifle marksmanship program. Adding pistol to it might be too much to ask...

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I agree with you completely, Kedric. I have learned a lot from attending a couple of Appleseeds and will learn more at the next one I attend. I'm a much better rifle shooter now!

I'd love to see a similar program for handguns. I'm sure I, and others, would benefit from it.

My guess is that the Appleseed organization pretty much has its hands full with the rifle marksmanship program. Adding pistol to it might be too much to ask...

Appleseed is totally operated by volunteers. I'm sure that with enough people interested in leading the charge for a Pistolseed program, that it would become a reality.

All it would take is for you and your friends to be willing to volunteer your time to help other people become better marksmen / markswomen, and in the process, help us to save our country. With enough hands on deck, we can get this done.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Nov 16, 2010
    I can say with certainty that a Pistolseed won't happen in Indiana this year. There's a long ways to go to develop the concept. When the program is deemed ready for rollout on a national scale we will take a good hard look at it and determine whether we'll have one here in the future.

Top Bottom