• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I heard they were sued because a driver being pushed to make the deadline was in a fatal accident…
    Yeah I don't need a pizza delivered in under 30 mins. that bad to where it can endanger people's lives.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The toughest thing about pizza delivery outside of the region is finding a pizza.

View attachment 213165
    Most folks have no taste, hence the demise of most decent pizza. As a teen Pizza Hut made their dough every day in the store, it was hand made. So did many others. But here came the cheapos, that to this day advertise $6.99 pizzas, and the masses wait hours to get them…

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Most folks have no taste, hence the demise of most decent pizza. As a teen Pizza Hut made their dough every day in the store, it was hand made. So did many others. But here came the cheapos, that to this day advertise $6.99 pizzas, and the masses wait hours to get them…

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I think the last time I ordered pizza was in the early 2000's... Memorable because I went out to pay the driver and ended up locking myself outside. I had to break our back door to get back inside. :(

We're way too far in the wilderness to get anything delivered at a reasonable price here.

I quit eating Dominoes and Cesars when the quality went through the bottom of the barrel, back in the 90's. We would get Papa Johns until they started "losing" our orders back in the 2010's. Also, wouldn't support them over the John Schnatter fiasco anyway.
    I would never get Papa John's, just because of that nutball Leguizamo.

I don't think we've ever had any food delivered. Not really an option around here.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    If they have these in your groceries store they are great
    I wonder if that is a rebranding of the Mama Rosas pizza Meijer used to sell? Looks pretty much the same, even packaged the same.

Mama Rosas pizza used to be the main reason I would drive all the way out to Meijer, that and Kahns hotdogs. I know Meijer stopped selling the pizzas, not sure if they still have Kahns, but my daughter found them in a different store she goes to, so no reason for me to make the trip to Meijer anymore.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I can't remember the last time I ordered delivery. Why pay a surcharge and a tip for cold pizza?
    When it worked, and back in simpler times, it was a pretty neat deal on a Friday or Saturday night to make a phone call and 30 minutes later have a hot pie in your hands. Things have certainly changed.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Sometimes when i get home, i just don't want to go back out. Or maybe it's a get-together and people are drinking and don't want to drive or disrupt whatever we are doing. I prefer to order from the locals vs chain, but most don't deliver. I try to keep frozen pizza in the freezer, usually Home Run Inn or Wild Fork, I add some of my own toppings and seasoning, and cook on the grill.

Reactions: KG1

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    At current gas prices and insurance rates kids don’t really drive much.
    Once they figure out they are loosing their buts putting miles on genie old beater car they find other ways to make a buck.

This. My son recently got his first job. $15/hr base rate, potential for another $3/hr with performance bonuses, and OT available. Paid time off, availability of health insurance, etc. Zero gas money required (well, other than commute of course). He's leaving for the military next year, so he won't take advantage of the college funding or management fast track but these are the jobs pizza places are competing with workers for.

Anywho, make your own pizza. If you get the good ingredients it's not terribly cheaper but you know it's booger free and can make it exactly how you like. My wife makes a yeast dough that we keep in little plastic tubs in the fridge, we make our own sauce, buy quality mozzarella and pepperoni, add mushrooms, and make it on the smoker. Oven would work as well if you hate flavor...

If anybody cares, I can link some dough and sauce recipes. It's a very easy thing to do.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    This. My son recently got his first job. $15/hr base rate, potential for another $3/hr with performance bonuses, and OT available. Paid time off, availability of health insurance, etc. Zero gas money required (well, other than commute of course). He's leaving for the military next year, so he won't take advantage of the college funding or management fast track but these are the jobs pizza places are competing with workers for.

Anywho, make your own pizza. If you get the good ingredients it's not terribly cheaper but you know it's booger free and can make it exactly how you like. My wife makes a yeast dough that we keep in little plastic tubs in the fridge, we make our own sauce, buy quality mozzarella and pepperoni, add mushrooms, and make it on the smoker. Oven would work as well if you hate flavor...

If anybody cares, I can link some dough and sauce recipes. It's a very easy thing to do.
    My wife makes the Chef-Boyardee pizza kits, adding sausage, extra pizza sauce and a lot of shredded cheese, and they are awfully good. Not as good as a pizzeria makes, but pretty darned close.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My wife makes the Chef-Boyardee pizza kits, adding sausage, extra pizza sauce and a lot of shredded cheese, and they are awfully good. Not as good as a pizzeria makes, but pretty darned close.
    My brother in law can make a chef boyardee pizza that rivals just about any pizza joint. I like them so much my wife had him come over for my birthday and make one. Dude is an artisan with a homemade pizza.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I would never get Papa John's, just because of that nutball Leguizamo.

I don't think we've ever had any food delivered. Not really an option around here.
    Uh... This guy? He didnt found PJs. :facepalm:

iu

John Schnatter did. And the board fired him years ago.
    iu

Top Bottom