• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I was in the middle of this, Its a tragedy that should not have happened. He died enroute to eskenazi hospital infront of the PLS check cashers on US31.

This was one of my properties, and the news that said security wouldnt let them on property..... that was me

Cj52racers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Good on you Saints. The last thing his family needs I am sure is the news parading cameras around the scene to talk to everyone who was within a quarter mile of this incident.

lava dog 1/3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    indianapolis
    Very sad. All over a few bucks and some pizza. Terrible. My wife does not understand why I carry my weapon even if we go to the grocery store. I tell her all the time, people don't care where your at or what your doing. If they think you have something they want, your a target.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I work at Papa johns. When the news of the shooting hit our store tonight, I was, and am still, disgusted. We drivers are paid little by our companies, disrespected on a regular basis, and put in harm's way over pizza. I don't think it is necessary to go into details about the low pay and disrespect here. What I will say is papa John's needs to change its policy. Now. Most people either know or figure out we are not allowed weapons of any kind on us or in our vehicles. This alone makes us vulnerable. Most know we carry cash on us this makes us targets. What is not being mentioned is the damn sign that we are forced to put on top of our vehicles, this makes us highly visible. You combine these three and a fellow employee has lost his life. I am not a left acting person. I blame the criminal who did this crime and I hope he fries for it, but some of this blood is on Papa johns hands as well.
    No weapons policy and lit car toppers at all times is asking for trouble.
    Tonight my priorities have changed. I am buying a pocket pistol of some kind. It will be on me at all times.
    To the family of the victim, I pray for you tonight and offer my deepest apologies. This could have been avoided.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    I've delivered for years on and off when I needed extra cash. I never put those car toppers on my car. If they forced me, I would take them off after I left the store for each delivery. They put a bullseye on you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is so sad. Such a waste and for what reason? Why? When does it end?

I wonder if the penalty for murder was to die in the same manner in which your victim died...maybe that would eliminate this type of thing.

No law/penalty etc will change the mindset of a drug crazed nut job looking for tghe next fix and the next one and the next one and the next one.......

I would wager a bet his drug guy was not far from where he abandoned the car.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    The really sad (scary) part of this is that these employers (pizza joints, liquor stores, supermarkets, etc) are so afraid of civil litigation from the next of kin of a bad guy in the commission of an armed robbery that they will put their own employees at risk by rendering them unarmed.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I had a big argument over this with a lib on Facebook. They wanted to of course blame the gun, even the NRA. These libs ask questions and you honestly answer and they just think we are nut jobs talking about the reason why we have the second amendment. You talk about the history of the american revolution and war of 1812. Then you mention where atrocities have later occurred in our country such as the internment of Japanese people into camps and how that was wrong and next thing you know I am being called out as treasonous. I feel horrible for this mans family but we will never be able to address the true criminal problem we have as these libs want to focus on us law abiding citizens. I need to quit reading lib comments it will just elevate my blood pressure.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    HB 1017 would have given businesses/employers liability protection against lawsuits in justified use of self-defense. Maybe employers would think twice if they knew they had this protection and it's a pathetic shame that people are getting killed because they are denied their right to defend themselves over fear of lawsuits.
    Contact your legislators about this travesty, that's the only way this will change!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'll bet you there was no drug addiction/intoxication involved.

Be curious to find that out. It just seems to be an over whelming influence on these kinds of crime in recent years.
    I will bet you lunch that it is. Might be at White castle but I love me some sliders.

If it was not done under the influence this guy is seriously in need of a tune up before the cell door closes on the rest of his life. I know there will be several volunteers.

Top Bottom