• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoldnBullet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2011
    I am currently working for a Security company and I plan on carrying a baton. My boss advised me to get baton certified for legal issues that may arise if I had to use it. Where can I get the certification at?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I am currently working for a Security company and I plan on carrying a baton. My boss advised me to get baton certified for legal issues that may arise if I had to use it. Where can I get the certification at?

Eric, where are you located and what brand baton do you carry? Is it just a strait stick, expandable or a PR24 type then I'd want certification from an authorized rep.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    There is an instructor that teaches or did teach at the Indiana law enforcement academy that would for a fee train local security officers and certify them.
    Baton, tazer (tazer international) cert, handcuffing, OC spray.
    Don't know if he still does. But good for you for looking for training.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    Is the company paying for it? For $500, I'll let you wail on a tree in my back yard for 15 minutes and I'll certify you. I've got all kinds of titles after my name I can throw on there.

THarris88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2013
    I'm on the S.O.R.T team at the correctional facility I work at and there is no 'certification'. They just showed us how to use the thing on people.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I'm on the S.O.R.T team at the correctional facility I work at and there is no 'certification'. They just showed us how to use the thing on people.

While that may be the case at your facility, there are most definitely certifications out there. I was certified on the PR-24 at the South Bend Regional Police Academy. My department at the time required us to be certified on whatever we carried. O.C., baton, Firearm (of course), etc.

OP, Denny at Sand Burr Gun Ranch is a certified instructor, not sure if he is doing classes for baton or not.

szorn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Northcentral Indiana

Contact Monadnock or ASP and see if they can point you in the direction of an instructor. Or just contact your local police department to see if they have an instructor that might be willing to train you. As was already mentioned, you will want to get certified in the baton you will actually carry. Both of these are reputable baton manufacturers that also offer certifications. They will want you to use one of their brand of batons for the course. There are a few other reputable baton companies out there but I would avoid buying a generic baton as it may not hold up well if you should have to use it.

Steve

Top Bottom