• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ninja1310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I guess you all don't under stand what I was trying to do here. I guess it was a stupid idea. Just trying to help people out. People say to use the "SEARCH" Will I say read the first post. If I miss-stated it I'm sorry. Maybe I should of changed the heading to say "Place that don't like you to carry"

YES YOU CAN CARRY ANYWHERE YOU WANT FOR ALL I CARE. BUT I WANT THE OPTION TO NOT SUPPORT CERTAIN PLACES OVER THE OTHER AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHO THEY ARE!

THAT IS WAY I STARTED THIS THREAD. NOT DEBATE IF I CAN!

Poor OP :laugh: I know if you have an Iphone there's an app that users contribute to when they find gun free zones. I think I would also like to see a list of places that don't allow firearms, I'd rather just go straight to store B that supports firearms, than spend time and money at a place that doesn't.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I guess you all don't under stand what I was trying to do here. I guess it was a stupid idea. Just trying to help people out. People say to use the "SEARCH" Will I say read the first post. If I miss-stated it I'm sorry. Maybe I should of changed the heading to say "Place that don't like you to carry"

YES YOU CAN CARRY ANYWHERE YOU WANT FOR ALL I CARE. BUT I WANT THE OPTION TO NOT SUPPORT CERTAIN PLACES OVER THE OTHER AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHO THEY ARE!

THAT IS WAY I STARTED THIS THREAD. NOT DEBATE IF I CAN!

I like what you are trying to do.
    But getting people to NOT debate is like trying to hold the ocean back with your hands.

And, this thread would be immensely long. Maybe it should cover an area.

Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson
    Poor OP :laugh: I know if you have an Iphone there's an app that users contribute to when they find gun free zones. I think I would also like to see a list of places that don't allow firearms, I'd rather just go straight to store B that supports firearms, than spend time and money at a place that doesn't.

This is what I was trying to do. I will look and see if I can find that app and give up the cause here. Thank you.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So.....being a sneaky, liar seems to be the trend here. Ignoring and purposely disobeying the mandate of the property owners. Great group of guys....

Almost as sneaky as someone that disarms you and doesn't provide security for guests?

I am not advocating what is morally right for you.
    I was merely pointing out THE LAW.
    The best way not to get into trouble would be to know THE LAW.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And don't get angry. Any discussion here does not affect your home or job. It is merely people TRYING to discuss things. And it is hard to discuss, when one party gets all upset.

You could be 100 percent right, and how are you going to show it.
    We don't know you.
    You don't know us.

Providing a source that we or you can independently verify would be nice.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I see that now. lol

That's a good idea. Wish it would get done, but don't look at me. I seemed to of stirred up enough trouble. ;)

Don't get discouraged. I was going to discuss the app thing, but not everyone has a smart phone.
    Maybe make a new thread for your area.
    And realize things may not go on exactly like you want. Life rarely is like that anyway.

Ninja1310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    The app is labeled GunFreeZone on my phone so give that a search. It's still pretty new and needs as many people contributing as possible.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I am pretty new at carrying a handgun and was looking for a place that list all of the places that you "couldn't/shouldn't" carry a hand gun. Open or Concealed. And yes, I am putting " " around can't. I understand that in Indiana the law over rules the place although they can ask you to leave (lots of other threads about this). I would like to see this not as a debate, but a place that give someone the option and knowledge before they go and if they want to support a company or place like that. Just a name and location and extent of "ban" or a link to a former thread.

If there is already a list, please forgive me. then can that list be made a stick so it is easy to be found.

I would hope that this could eventually be a sticky.

"No Firearms Allowed" really means "No Open Carry" ;)

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Apparently, you cannot grasp the concept of private property. Good luck in your refusal to obey the expectations of private property owners.

We`re finished here.
    Call a lawyer and ask them, I'm sure you'll find out that you're not exactly right.

The "no guns" sign is not any more legally binding than "no blondes" or "no open-toed shoes".

They can ask you to leave for not following their wishes [such as being a blonde on their property, or having open-toed shoes] or for no reason at all.

If they ask you to leave, and you refuse then the only thing you've done is trespassed - no charges having to do with a firearm would be levied against you.

Don't believe me? Ask an attorney.
    So.....being a sneaky, liar seems to be the trend here. Ignoring and purposely disobeying the mandate of the property owners. Great group of guys....
    There's nothing inherently sneaky about concealing weapons... By all means go post "if you carry concealed you're sneaky" in the OC vs CC debate and see where that gets you. I OC out of comfort and CC when I feel the circumstances best fit that form of carry. I don't conceal carry to be 'sneaky' or to 'lie' but I will go about my day-to-day life while preserving my ability to protect myself and those around me whenever possible including locations that do not like firearms.

As far as lying, choosing not to obey a sign that carries no weight of law is in no way lying. If somebody approaches me and asks me if I'm armed and I say no [when I am] then that is lying. If they ask me and I refuse to answer - that, again, is not lying.

Last edited:

Wazimu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    I find reading statues to be confusing. But I think A277 to be essentially correct and hunter480 is cross-threading the issue.

If one really wants to know exactly what the law "means," call the county prosecutor's office and ask. These are the people who interpret and enforce the statute. We all want the law to be cut and dried. It is not. I've learned a lot since my kid went to work for a local prosecutor's office. When I have a question pertaining to a statute, I ask him.

This is why attorneys "practice" law.

Asking your neighbor or brother-in-law or members of a forum might be a good place to start but I am not completely comfortable with only those opinions.

This I know: you can't carry open or concealed on school property - then again, if you are dropping off a kid and don't get out of the car maybe you can. I've hear some say that the engine must be running and the car in gear if you are armed and driving and dropping off a kid. Hell, I don't really know.

If you go into Joe's Pancake House armed and Joe has a sign posted that says "No Stinking Guns," and you are asked to leave because someone sees your gun and complains, you are obliged to leave at the owners request. AFAIK, there is no statute giving Joe's Pancake, just by hanging a sign, the power to create statue. A person carrying in this situation is not breaking any existing statute. If you refuse to leave due to discrimination, this is an altogether different issue that will be settled after a great deal of suffering if Joe calls the cops. Best to leave if asked to leave.

Carry well concealed. Don't carry where forbidden.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The LAW is that signs do not carry the weight of LAW.
    If I am asked to leave, then the force of LAW comes into effect.

If have a sign that says no cursing, and I curse, I can be asked to leave, but not arrested.
    If I refuse to leave, then I can be ARRESTED.

Incorrect... a specifically worded sign, I assure you can qualify.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    private property that is open to the public is different that private property (like a domicile not open to the public) ...that being said I conceal carry everywhere it is legal...i dont go place that it is not legal
    Apparently, you cannot grasp the concept of private property. Good luck in your refusal to obey the expectations of private property owners.

We`re finished here.

Top Bottom