• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Leupold still makes a very light and compact 2.5x fixed, and a couple remaining models of 1.5-4x that are under 10oz. Both around $300. More of a mini LPVO than vintage look, but would be very suited to a 30-30.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I have a 1959 Remington 740 that I plan to mount a Weaver K4 60-B on in the next couple of weeks. I will be buying that scope setup from Vintage Gun Scopes. I have been watching them for over a year and am now more convinced than ever they are the way to go based on reviews elsewhere and posts in this thread.

EDIT: Scope is on the way. I called them on the phone (old fashioned, I know) to ask about a base for the rifle that they did not list on their website. The gentleman gave me a great package deal so I went ahead and bought it.

Last edited:

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Scope arrived today!

Late 50s Weaver K4 60-B Crosshair scope (refurbished), Weaver 1" steel large thumbscrew detachable rings (grade excellent near mint), Weaver #62 detachable top mount bases (NOS). To my door 372 and a half beans. Glass is clear and bright, adjustments turn easily, good bluing, no major scars on tube.
    Remington740B (2).jpg

I could not be happier. So glad I didn't pick up any of the ones I was watching on eBay even though they were about 1/3 the cost (this one has a warranty). I cannot wait to get it out and zero it.

Top Bottom