Jan 3, 2012
    NWI

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I can't believe it wouldn't be cheaper to tear it down and put up something designed to be a range. Other than nostalgia I don't get it. Are there enough shooters in the area to support an additional range?
    Go to JP on a Sunday in the summer and you'll probably have an answer.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I'm sure there would be customers for an indoor rifle range. I belong to NPCCC, and I can tell you it is cold out there in January. We used to have a nice one in Chesterton, but the gun shop that it was a part of failed.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I wondered what happened to Rangemasters.

I heard through the grape vine that is was poor management. I have to say the prices I paid there were incredibly low. Sure was a nice building. It was still vacant last time I was up that way. I will be in that area tomorrow evening, I'll try to make tome to swing past.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Speaking of gun stores, I noticed CNI in Crown Point's square, which has been down for quite a while, has a for sale sign up now.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Speaking of gun stores, I noticed CNI in Crown Point's square, which has been down for quite a while, has a for sale sign up now.

It's been bank owned for years now. I'd like to see it reopen as a gun shop, I used to shoot there frequently. If I had the money...

If Fetlas turns into a range, it would have to offer me something I couldn't get up the street at Blythes. Indoor rifle range maybe?

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    It's been bank owned for years now. I'd like to see it reopen as a gun shop, I used to shoot there frequently. If I had the money...

If Fetlas turns into a range, it would have to offer me something I couldn't get up the street at Blythes. Indoor rifle range maybe?

Quote from the article:
    "Under the plan submitted to the county, the Harvey Group planned to have 15 indoor shooting bays, five of them for high-powered rifles, an eight-person archery range and a BB gun practice area outdoors."

The will offer a bit more than Blythes has, hopefully they'll have better lighting/ventilation. So it may be worth while, depending on range cost. If you see Blythes on the weekends, it gets very busy. I definately think the area could support it. I think there are more shooters than available ranges in the area.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    See what I get for not reading the article? Heh :D That's fantastic news. As long as it's competitively priced, they'll be seeing plenty of me. In the meantime, I'll be spending a lot of time working on my tan down at Jasper Pulaski with the Super Mosin Bros.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Quote from the article:
    "Under the plan submitted to the county, the Harvey Group planned to have 15 indoor shooting bays, five of them for high-powered rifles, an eight-person archery range and a BB gun practice area outdoors."

The will offer a bit more than Blythes has, hopefully they'll have better lighting/ventilation. So it may be worth while, depending on range cost. If you see Blythes on the weekends, it gets very busy. I definately think the area could support it. I think there are more shooters than available ranges in the area.
    Sounds like a pretty big undertaking and it would take alot of capital to revamp that old facility properly especially if they plan on having high powered rifle bays.

It should be interesting to see how this develops though and if it even gets an approval for that location.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Does any one else see that the government is impeding progress?
    They need more bathrooms to meet code?
    Only have 2 bathrooms for 30,000 feet? So what. It's a shooting range, not an office building.
    Most of the range is open space.
    Once more, our beloved government is applying a one sized fits all regulation.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    The owner of RM got cold feet when bass pro shops was being built. At least that's what I heard.

I was out in the Chesterton area selling advertising when this went down. The owner of Rangemasters confirmed to me directly that this is exactly why they were closing down.

Top Bottom