• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • civicisaye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Waddup INGOers? So today I decided to come to the dark side, I have been struck by BRD. But, I am not made of money and the wife typically has a hissy fit when I buy gun stuff. I have decided to regularly donate/sell my blood plasm, that way she can't say anything about it. Anyone done this before? Any thoughts or opinions? I learned ones can make 300 a month from just this.

Last edited by a moderator:

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Thought about it once. Went to the place. Had a bad feeling that I might need an AR15 just to get in and out safely. Turned around and went home.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    if you donate too much youll form the "hole" where the needle goes into the arm. rather odd looking. i have seen them as large as a 00 buck pellet. at least so im told. im not a doctor.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Perfectly viable way to earn money, but pick a very reputable place - easy to get hepatitis or worse if they don't follow acceptable sterile practices.

3steps

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    NWI
    The donating part is fine. Then they separate the plasma and inject the red blood cells back into you. I passed on part 2 and never went back.

Hop Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Oregon
    Perfectly viable way to earn money, but pick a very reputable place - easy to get hepatitis or worse if they don't follow acceptable sterile practices.

^Agreed^
    Also most places require you to register prior to donating, if not then they will not pay. There is also a screening exam that is required (high risk behavior is a no go), they also ask if you have traveled recently. (you can have some pathogens/parasites in your blood without you knowing)

The amount of money is not very much, here in oregon it is like $50 for your first visit, then $30 for each one after with a limit, although I can't remember the limit.

Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    No thanks....if it came to it & there was an urgent need for plasma I'd do what needed to be done.
    But for an income or side money....I'd rather do some real or physical work to earn a few extra bucks.

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    My buddy did that for some spare cash. After a few sessions, he got the nastiest, most bizarre bruising on the "donating" arm. It looked like his arm had been run over by a pickup truck, twice. Needless to say, that venture didn't last long.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Did it exactly twice in college in W. Lafayette. Shady place down by the levy that's probably gone 20 years later. You feel pretty crappy afterward, and I can't imagine how you'd feel if you did it twice a week for a month.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Did it exactly twice in college in W. Lafayette. Shady place down by the levy that's probably gone 20 years later. You feel pretty crappy afterward, and I can't imagine how you'd feel if you did it twice a week for a month.

ITS STILL THERE!! haha. yes. it is still there. lots o shady folk as well. seems to have not changed.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    AR-15's have been known to bleed people dry!:):

Why stop at plasma? I hear you can get $$ for a cup of your little soldiers and it seems more fun than a needle it the arm. I think it's like $50 a pop...... I have a wash cloth that is probably worth about a grand.:D

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Here in South Bend, I drive by the plasma place on the way to work every day. There are always 30 or so homeless people waiting in line outside. I guess if any of us ever need any, we'll get homeless plasma. There is a liquor store across the street...sounds like a racket to me. Donate plasma, buy 40s, drink 40s, lounge on street until plasma regenerates, repeat.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Here in South Bend, I drive by the plasma place on the way to work every day. There are always 30 or so homeless people waiting in line outside. I guess if any of us ever need any, we'll get homeless plasma. There is a liquor store across the street...sounds like a racket to me. Donate plasma, buy 40s, drink 40s, lounge on street until plasma regenerates, repeat.
    I've heard that this type of "bought" plasma is used mostly for research rather than healthcare.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    AR-15's have been known to bleed people dry!:):

Why stop at plasma? I hear you can get $$ for a cup of your little soldiers and it seems more fun than a needle it the arm. I think it's like $50 a pop...... I have a wash cloth that is probably worth about a grand.:D
    Nasty, nasty, and really nasty. Where is this place>;) NOT the washcloth.

Garrett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indianapolis
    If your close to Evansville, hit up ZLB Plasma(if I remember correctly), used to donate down there for some extra cash. They used to pay a lot, but from what I hear prices have been going down over the years. This was some years ago mind you, so things could have changed.

Top Bottom