DSCN3448.jpg

DSCN3515.jpg

spence1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Just picked up a G19 today. Frist Glock I have owned. Can't wait to take it out next weekend!

38362310.jpg

My son has a G19. He absolutely loves it. He says he would be comfortable using it as his duty weapon if his dept would let him. His duty weapon is still a glock (full size )

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Glocks -- most people either love 'em or hate 'em.

My first semi-auto pistol was a Glock 23. I loved it ... until I bought a Sig P228. The more I shot both, the more I regretted buying the Glock. The Sig just fit my hand better, felt more solid and shot more accurately.

So I drove down to the gun show in Ft. Wayne yesterday and made the swap that I should've done a long time ago ... for a Sig P226:

Sig_P226.jpg

It was as gently-used as my Glock, and came with both barrels (.357 Sig and .40) and the .40 has never been used.

Here they are together. Kinda like having a big brother. :D

Sigs_2.jpg

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    Call me crazy, but I think Glocks are beautiful. I like the lines, the contour, the color, the slide, and everything else about these pistols. Thanks Gaston.

Last edited:

MrSilkySheets

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Valparaiso, IN
    If I may ask, what's wrong with the 2022? Been thinking about trading my XD9sc for one..

Don't get me wrong... it is a nice gun that has been more reliable than my glock, but:

-the bore axis is way to high
    -weight
    -good luck finding anything that fits it

overall: very underestimated gun, great for home defense(tlr-1s is amazing on it), but not a joy at the range & not something you can carry

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Don't get me wrong... it is a nice gun that has been more reliable than my glock, but:

-the bore axis is way to high
    -weight
    -good luck finding anything that fits it

overall: very underestimated gun, great for home defense(tlr-1s is amazing on it), but not a joy at the range & not something you can carry
    Thanks for the response..

I haven't shot one yet, but I have fondled one and really liked it. I am a bigger guy so carrying a "full size" gun isn't all that bad..

Hmm. Certain things to consider..

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Thanks for the response..

I haven't shot one yet, but I have fondled one and really liked it. I am a bigger guy so carrying a "full size" gun isn't all that bad..

Hmm. Certain things to consider..

I'd take that opinion with a grain of salt, the SP2022 is pretty widely regarded as one of the finer handguns you can get in that price range; mine was $350 new with one magazine. In terms of 'value' or 'bang for your buck' it's hard to beat.

I've had one for quite awhile now and it has a permanent home on my nightstand. I don't have any of the issues he mentioned when I do take it to the range.

Pic thread:

mark_III_hunter.jpg

Top Bottom