• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Remember if you do bury anything in PVC bury them straight up and down with lots and lots of metal junk scattered around.

Just saying.....

CMB69

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Indy
    My intended purpose is a bit different. My dad has some minor mobility issues. When we go on our annual fishing trip I have to make multiple trips up/down the bank to get our gear down to the water. So I am devising a plan to use a collapsible 2 wheel dolly to haul tackle boxes, small cooler and a tube to slip fishing rods down into so I only have to make one trip. I suppose a pvc pipe would do the job. I will have to go see what the largest diameter pipe I can find is.

I can help with this. I enjoy salt water fishing and go as often as I can. Have a collection of appropriate rods/tackle I need to transport safely. What I use and recommend is ASTM 2729 thin wall PVC pipe. It is intended for drains and is fairly light weight but plenty strong enough. There are other pipe/tubing, all have thicker walls and get heavy very quickly. It comes in 3", 4" and 6" diameters. 3" may fit your needs, I suspect 4" would be better. It is readily available everywhere. 6" will probably have to be special ordered. If you go that route do not forget to order any end caps you need. I have purchased this pipe at Lowes and Menards. It comes in 10' lengths.

Top Bottom