• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've lost so much weight since that Carbine class that my battle belt doesn't fit anymore. The Cobra buckle rigger belt might have some adjustment left but the padded Laser belt ends overlap. Not sure what I'll do for the Vickers class now. Eat some pie maybe.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Regarding number four

I was referring to wearing a breathable undergarment if one wears body amour everyday for an extended time you can develop “prickly heat” or heat rash.

BTW
    I am going to try a Battle Belt for the 1st time at the Larry Vickers class and my 5.11 thong!

I just remembered I have something else to do that weekend. I'm just glad it was cold and rainy when we first met.
    So battle belt and carrier for Vickers?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I just remembered I have something else to do that weekend. I'm just glad it was cold and rainy when we first met.
    So battle belt and carrier for Vickers?

Now you've got me thinking about Brad shooting that crazy barrier drill in just a thong, rolling around in the mud. Ugh. :puke:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I don’t think we have to have plates for the Vickers class but Battle belt just sounds kool!
    The straw hat and thong are a requirement!

We have to get HOP some BWW and pie then maybe some PBJ sandwiches can’t have your battle belt overlapping!

BTW
    I was dreaming that I was in a thong rolling around in the mud shooting that crazy crap!

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Do you have practice with using a tourniquet? If not, ditch it or get trained. You'll do more damage than good if you have it and don't know how to use it (trained, professional first aid training, not youtube videos). I don't use them. Your 'enough gauze' is darn good. Stay away from QuickClot (again, training thing, if you don't know, then don't)

I've taken multiple tq classes. Key take away is that they are easy and effective, even with little training. Don't put on neck, don't loosen it like boy scouts taught you, and tighten enough to stop the bleed. If it starts bleeding again put another tq higher up and leave old one in place.

I think there are a lot of myths about the dangers of tq's, when it comes down to it I'd rather loose a digit or 5 in a hospital than bleed out on the pavement. I'd prefer everyone have one handy even without formal training than trying to improvise a way to stop a major bleed.

Just my humble opinion

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I don’t think we have to have plates for the Vickers class but Battle belt just sounds tacticool!
    The straw hat and thong are a requirement!

We have to get HOP some BWW and pie then maybe some PBJ sandwiches can’t have your battle belt overlapping!

BTW
    I was dreaming that I was in a thong rolling around in the mud shooting that crazy crap!

FIFY

Top Bottom