Plea for prayers and help. Deportation Notification for my wife.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I hope the mods are okay with this. You folks have all been pretty good around here and may be able to share my concern.

I am humbled and saddened to be asking for help, but I must. I am out of all but the most extreme options. My wife just a couple weeks ago got a letter than she is being deported. Deportation comes with a 10 year ban. We have found an attorney and could get our initial hearing date letter any day. We have little kids and virtually no extra money. I have sold most of my guns and knives and am left in a deficit. I have start a GoFundMe. I understand some of you are in greater hardship than I, and I simply ask for your prayers.

Here is the details.
    ----------------
    My wife, Vivi, came to the US 2 years before I met her. She left Indonesia escaping persecution against Christians and the riots that were destroying Jakarta. She applied for Asylum and got it. We fell in love and were married in 2002. Shortly after getting married we started down the path to Naturalized Citizenship by applying for Permanent Residency. We now have two wonderful little boys, to which she has been the stay at home mom for the last 6 years. Last year we applied for Naturalized Citizenship and she just started a new job now that the kids are older and all was going well.

Just a few weeks ago, we received a letter from Immigration hoping they had approved her application and we would be off to her ceremony, instead, it was the worst news we could imagine. She was to be removed from the US. She is to be deported.

The letter stated that because information on her Asylum Application is different than her Permanent Resident Application, one of those was obtained fraudulently and is invalid. Without a valid status she is considered "illegal" and subject to deportation.

We immediately realized we needed an attorney and started contacting people around us and attorneys in the area and were finally able to find one who agreed to take on the case.
    The reason we are asking for help is that we have for the last 7 or 8 years been operating on a budget deficit the last 9 months of each year and relied on my overtime during tax season to offset the deficit each year. We literally have zero extra money. Neither Vivi nor I make much money but we are blessed to have a good home and two wonderful boys and God has always provided enough to take care of us. Now our daycare expense is much more and uses almost all of Vivi's income so we are not in much better of a situation although now Vivi has the freedom she has been missing and a starting position with a great employer that could provide a wonderful career. That is worth the extra cost. We drained our savings to pay the initial retatiner, and have run a generous projected budget in MS Excel and we are still short by $6500 to pay the legal fees the attorney requires. He is a good attorney and one of the cheapest we could find. Our last option is to start selling furniture, my truck, and take on additional debt. The last resort would be to sell our home that we love and move into a small apartment, which would save us maybe $100-$200 each month and free up some room in our budget. Our house unfortunately is probably not worth what we owe on it however and I really don't want to do this option.

We come to you begging for help. Deportation comes with a 10 year ban on entering the US.
    I understand some have more extra than others and I do not wish anyone to upset their own financial concerns to help, but if you have anything extra, we would be extremely grateful.

Humbly and sincerely, may God bless you,
    Thank you
    Richard, Vivi Bryant and Family"
    ---------------------
    it can be found here: Vivi's Anti-Deportation Legal Fund by Richard Bryant - GoFundMe

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Richard, do not forget to get your senators and representatives involved, too. Do not underestimate the influence they can wield with immigration authorities. And do not give up the fight, no matter how things look.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks, I did speak with Marlin Stutzmans office. They were unwilling to help, but someone else in the office did refer me to some attorneys to contact. It was better than nothing.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Richard, do not forget to get your senators and representatives involved, too. Do not underestimate the influence they can wield with immigration authorities. And do not give up the fight, no matter how things look.

I agree. I would be on the phone with Stutzmans office to see if their is something he can do. You are in our prayers, best of luck to you and your family.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indeed, given the current political climate, there is significant room for hope. It almost sounds like there is a typo or relatively minor information mismatch that might be easily remedied. Also, I understand those are basically "form" letters that don't include things like hardship waivers.

Good luck!

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks, I did speak with Marlin Stutzmans office. They were unwilling to help, but someone else in the office did refer me to some attorneys to contact. It was better than nothing.

I just read you said Stutzmans office said they will not help. . . I would speak to Marlin personally. I know for a fact he will be in Fort Wayne this Thursday as he is speaking to my wife 3rd. grade class. The public is invited.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Office Locations | Contact | U.S. Senator Joe Donnelly of Indiana

Contact | United States Senator Dan Coats of Indiana

Richard, contact Coates and Donnelly. Senators have quite a bit of pull. Don't take no for an answer and don't let their secretaries and office workers stonewall you. Just keep hammering at them till you get attention from the senator. And it wouldn't hurt to contact representatives outside your district either. Some of them have higher aspirations and might well want the goodwill.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This thread should get interesting if certain members pop up. OP, ill put you and your wife in my prayers.

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    I will be praying for your situation on a regular basis.

We had some friends go through the same thing a couple years ago and it was a pretty drawn out process.

They met while working at Disney and had 2 kids and had been together 12 years but it all worked out in the end.

Character witnesses were very important in their situation so asking now for help with this from friends and family would be a good idea. His trial was in Chicago and we sent a bus loads of people up from our church to testify and their lawyer stated that was a huge part of him being allowed to continue the path to citizenship.

And like others have stated get your representatives and senators involved as well, even though they may not be willing to help initially just remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

God bless

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks folks. I appreciate the advice greatly. I think I may push a little harder to speak with the representatives and senators directly. I have a family friend who is a lobbyist in DC and supposedly he talked to Stutzman directly but nothing transpired. I really appreciate the prayers and generosity too. Thank you all. You're good people.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    It's a shame to flee persecution and recieve asylum. Only to have it thrown back in your face trying to do it the right way.

it sounds like some administrative error and I pray it will be resolved.

I can't make an offering but of prayer, but you have it

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hey - crazy idea. Crazy enough that it might work.

Email and call the political campaigns of the people running for president. Both parties. Especially the legislators running. May not amount to anything, but you never know. Someone has to be Joe the Plumber.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    First off, I am so sorry for the problems. It sounds like you are a legitimate person in a proper relationship. I pray that the right things will happen for you.

I always thought a legal marriage planted an immigrant. I know people married to Canadian women who have lived here and never became a citizens for 30 plus years. One is a retired Officer of the Law. Plus the original poster mentioned having natural born children here. Isn't that what they call anchor children? Isn't that a tool used by Mexican immigrants? I guess my immigration rules knowledge is lacking.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It's a shame to flee persecution and recieve asylum. Only to have it thrown back in your face trying to do it the right way.

it sounds like some administrative error and I pray it will be resolved.

I can't make an offering but of prayer, but you have it

All the while the fence jumpers are actively ignored and given a free pass. :xmad:

Yet another example of the laws only affecting those who try to stay within them.

Prayers inbound.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I've always been under the apparently mistaken impression that if an alien resident is married to a U.S. Citizen then they were good to go??? :dunno: The mother married my dad in Germany back in the '50's and didn't gain her U.S. citizenship until the late '60's. Apparently things have changed?

Top Bottom